Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelfields

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I tried to restore my iPhone 4 today to 4.3.5 and it got stuck in recovery mode. I've tried restoring, switching usb ports, reinstalling iTunes, brought it to the apple store and they couldn't get it to restore either. It stalls out every time at "restoring iPhone firmware" then cuts off and says error 9. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Apple told me all they can do is give me a new one for 199.

Also I've tried RecBoot but that didn't work either.

killingvirus

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
Try it..
I tried another solution and it worked for me. I ran redsn0w 0.9.9b5 on a Mac then used the 'recovery bug fix' feature after putting the device into DFU mode. In the middle of the operation and after installing some files into the device I got the device stuck between progress bar and reboot. I hard rebooted the device to put it into recovery mode again using the home and power button then restored to iOS 5. IT WORKED.

user120

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2011
I had same issue. I tried every things and it did not work. So I left the iphone 4G in recovery mode for a day. Just for the battery drain out. After that I try it work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.