Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBOS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
New York, New York
My wife and i are both using 3Gs and since the first iphone came to be, we have been sharing my account on our iPhones. We felt it was more convenient that way until lately. My wife has started to get more active purchasing apps and ringtones and now with icloud thing just start pooping up on my phone.

Hear is what i want to do:

• Change iTunes account User on her iPhone
  • Authorize some of my applications to her
  • Change iTunes account user on iTunes store

Mind you her iPhone is hacked and she depends on unlock with her phone (this is what really has me nervous)

If anyone can help me threw this it will be great :D

Rolvag

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
I do this all the time with me and my wifes accounts.

Change Itunes account in Iphone,

Goto Settings, Store, Click on your Apple ID and you can sign out and sign back in with a different account.

Change account in iTunes, goto iTunes Store, click on account in upper right corner and log out and log back in with differnent account.

To authorize different apps just download them into your iPhone when your logged in. That easy.

Have fun

MacBOS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
New York, New York
I do this all the time with me and my wifes accounts.

Change Itunes account in Iphone,

Goto Settings, Store, Click on your Apple ID and you can sign out and sign back in with a different account.

Change account in iTunes, goto iTunes Store, click on account in upper right corner and log out and log back in with differnent account.

To authorize different apps just download them into your iPhone when your logged in. That easy.

Have fun

and if they are already installed in her phone will it ask me to authorize from the phone

Rolvag

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
In iTunes you will be asked to verify the account information with the code from the Credit Card used on file.

On the iPhone you will be asked the password to the account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.