Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

museumquality

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2005
So Cal
Hello,
This is my first post.

Curious if anyone has had any conflicts with 7600 drivers and Tiger. I am considering the Tiger upgrade, as i love what i see though need to be sure it is compatible with current drivers on Panther.

Thanks in advance, Jim Brent

skippyjon

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2007
Epson 7600 and Tiger

We just updated our Panther to Tiger yesterday at my office, and now, even after installing the latest Epson 7600 Driver, the 7600 printer won't work! I probably shouldn't post this until we resolve the issue, but if anyone out there is using this printer, make sure you check with someone about conflicts before upgrading to Tiger.

macguy01

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2008
SoCal
2008 -- Intel, I-Mac, 7600 problems

New Intel based I-mac (Leopard):
I downloaded the latest drivers from Epson for the mighty 7600 and they don't work. They print fine but there is no real control for paper size.

No way to print a test strip, as it shoots out 36 inches of paper if you choose the A1 roll (no other options -- it's the only 24-inch roll listed) or it reverts itself to US Letter size and prints a corner of the image. The "preview" looks fine, but it ain't what you get.

And, no way to Save a print setting.

I tried both drivers that Epson offers for the I-Imac -- can't see any difference.

Does anyone offer a driver that works with the 7600?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.