Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robecq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
Denmark
I have iCloud set up on my phone but when I go into the settings menu it is greyed out and doesn't work. The twitter button is also greyed out but I don't use and have not set it up. Any ideas?

robecq

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
Denmark
found it, you have email restrictions turned on. this stops you from accessing icloud.

p.s double post, sorry:rolleyes:

mackiwilad

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2007
Ask the Goverment!
I just posted this on a NZ website:

I have the exact same thing.
What has happened is I didn't turn MobileMe off on the iPhone before setting up iCloud. It locks the iCloud account.
2 hours on the line to MobileMe support came to nothing. Apart from a suggestion to restore the iPhone, however I can't see how that will help unless you start from afresh on the phone and who wants to lose all their texts etc?

I set up my iPad differently after this by turning MM off and then inputting the iCloud credentials. Smooth sailing after then, however I have yet to find a fix for the phone.

UPDATE:
If you have the greyed out problem above its because the Parental restrictions were turned on during the iOS update.
Turning off MM before logging into iCloud avoids the problem, but a quick fix is to unlock the restrictions and then you can change the menu items.

Apple page here.

Last edited:

cyclodelic

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
iCloud (and others) greyed out in settings

I upgraded from my iPhone 3GS to an iPhone 5 (IOS6) and found that iCloud, Twitter, Facebook and Facetime settings were all greyed out.

I did the usual cycle of the power to no effect.

I recall that when I upgraded to IOS 5 that I hade declined to accept a EULA for iCloud (not knowing what it was at the time) until I had researched what it was all about. - Then promptly forgot all about it.

So, I RESET ALL SETTINGS in the hope of clearing out the flag that was blocking just these settings and - voila - all fixed.

No loss of texts, emails, photos or any apps or other data. All I had to do was fix a few settings like ring tone, wallpaper, WiFi login etc and away I went.

Hope that this works for you.

C

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.