Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohkuipo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Ever since I've upgraded to iOS 5 (and probably since I enabled Wi-Fi syncing), I've noticed a new startup item on my Windows 7 computer named "Apple Push." Can't find much info about this program on the web, anyone know what it is/does? Is it related to the Wi-Fi syncing service?

johto

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Finland
Yes of course. The name already tells all you need: "push". It pushes data to / from your devices. Icloud etc. Just checked, same kind of service is on OSX:

Attachments

• push.png
    push.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 940

ohkuipo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Yes of course. The name already tells all you need: "push". It pushes data to / from your devices. Icloud etc. Just checked, same kind of service is on OSX:

What could be "pushing" data from devices on Windows 7, though? There's no iPhoto here. Is it just Wi-Fi sync?

Furthermore, will I run into problems by disabling it at startup?

despotbutchery

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013
Who really knows?

first forum reply:

I did not delete the Apple Push function, but disabled it from my startup running Windows 7 on a Gateway Laptop. Approx 6 months ago maybe.. and still have not seen a difference in functionality with wifi sync, icloud shared photos or iremote app for itunes. there must be some reason for its existence...possibly for specific iphone as i am running a 3gs which runs great no battery issues or function issues great condition with basic speck case prob 2 or more years old now. i update my phone and itunes every update release.:apple::D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.