Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scirica

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
There was a cool update today that allows Directv users to stream from the app while on their home network. I've been waiting for this, but when I launched the updated program it now detects that I'm jailbroken and doesn't allow me to use the app!!

Anyone have a work around for this? I can probably go stock iOS on my iPad, but I'd rather not if there is a trick to apply here!

undergroundHACK

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
What am I doing wrong? I entered the text in the iFile search field and I can't find it. I've tried just directv too, nothing. Can anyone help me identify the proper folder containing the plist file? Thank you.

scirica

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Agreed! I found this through google but good to see it posted here. Easy fix!

I just hope Dtv lines up more channels for streaming. The list is pretty pitiful right now but it's a start!

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
Anyone know if this crack still works for the update DirecTV just pushed out (1.3.4)?

I can confirm that the manual edit does NOT work. The JailbreakCheck_Enabled key is still there, but changing it to "false" does nothing, whereas on the previous edition it made the app work.

If the crack simply makes this change for you (which I suspect is the case), it will not work either.

scirica

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I can confirm that the manual edit does NOT work. The JailbreakCheck_Enabled key is still there, but changing it to "false" does nothing, whereas on the previous edition it made the app work.

If the crack simply makes this change for you (which I suspect is the case), it will not work either.

I talked to the dev about that and he claims to use a different process that the simple "change true to false" technique that worked earlier. I upgraded Directv app and the program is working fine with the Cydia app installed.

undergroundHACK

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
Yea, I updated and it continued to work even without re-applying the patch.

DirecTV is pretty clever not letting you use the app without an update.

Awesome. I see it requires Winterboard. Ugh. I had WB on my iPhone 3G and it was a hog, crashy, etc. Is it still unstable and a hot mess?

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
I talked to the dev about that and he claims to use a different process that the simple "change true to false" technique that worked earlier. I upgraded Directv app and the program is working fine with the Cydia app installed.

I also confirmed last night that it does work with the patch, and does not without it. Can't figure out why it requires winterboard, but whatever.

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
Awesome. I see it requires Winterboard. Ugh. I had WB on my iPhone 3G and it was a hog, crashy, etc. Is it still unstable and a hot mess?

You don't have to keep WB if you don't want to, but you'll need iFile (or some other system file browser).

There are 2 files in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries (DTVPatch .dylib & .plist) that get installed via the Cydia patch. Just install the patch from Cydia, copy those 2 files elsewhere, then uninstall WB. When that is done, copy those 2 files back to the above directory, and enjoy watching DirecTV on your JBd iPad. ;)

HTH

macteen94

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2011
Oregon
There was a cool update today that allows Directv users to stream from the app while on their home network. I've been waiting for this, but when I launched the updated program it now detects that I'm jailbroken and doesn't allow me to use the app!!

Anyone have a work around for this? I can probably go stock iOS on my iPad, but I'd rather not if there is a trick to apply here!

With all due respect, if you jailbreak your device you accept the risk that it may not work right, or even at all. Personally, I don't recommend jailbreaking under any circumstances.

sesarj

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
Flixster doesn't work on a jailbroken iPad.

The flixster Ultraviolet app has the same issue. Has anyone found a way to make it work on a jailbroken iPad? I tried the same technique as the directv fix, but it still doesn't work.....

scirica

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Damn...Hack Doesn't Work with Update

Directv App had an update and now the Cydia tweak no longer works. Hope there is an update soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.