Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vrillusions

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio, US
I have icloud setup and it works great between my iphone and ipad and I even got things setup so the contacts on my mac (still snow leopard) will sync to iphone and then go to the cloud. Also have photo stream setup on my windows computer. Problem is for contact sync to work on windows I need outlook. Well I don't have office. Has anyone figured out a way to get it to use windows default mail program (I think it's just called microsoft mail? I use thunderbird so don't know). I shouldn't have to pay $100 or whatever office costs just so I can get my contacts on my windows computer. Obviously an ideal solution would be to get it to work with thunderbird but I've accepted that's not going to happen. Wanted to be able to backup my contacts on my windows computer instead of my mac (which is a work laptop). Really I don't even need the contacts on my windows computer if there was some way to just have a local copy of it I can then backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.