Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthonyFlower

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
UK
I'm having trouble with the wording to get Siri to do something that should be simple.

I can add a reminder at a specific time and it defaults to a project specific reminders list rather than the one called reminders.
I can add a reminder to a specific list by naming the list

I can't add it to a specific list and specify a time as it then adds it to the calendar, not the reminders

So how do I phrase this to get it to work:

add 'feed the fish' to my 'reminders' reminders list for 10am tomorrow.

Alternatively, can I set a default reminders list, the one it picked is completely random, it's not the original iPhone one, it's not the newest, it's not the oldest, it's not the last one I used, it's not first or last alphabetically, but Siri insists on putting all reminders on it.

Thanks in advance.

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
For me I do it as a two step process. I need to order some medicine for my dogs today. I have three lists in Reminders: Tasks (which is synced from my work exchange account), Personal, and Pets. My default list is Personal.

So I say to Siri: "Remind me at 9:30 to order medicine."
Siri: "Ok, here's your reminder for 9:30 AM. Shall I create it?", and the reminder is displayed.
Me: "Put it on my pets list"
Siri: "Ok, I can add this to your 'Pets' list in Reminders. Shall I create it?", and the reminder is displayed again.
Me: "Yes"
Siri: "Ok, I'll remind you."

After this I now have a reminder on my Pets list for 9:30 AM today which says "Order medicine."

AnthonyFlower

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
UK
Thank you!

I never thought to add instructions when it got to the final 'shall i create it', i just assumed that would only take a yes or a no!

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
For me I do it as a two step process. I need to order some medicine for my dogs today. I have three lists in Reminders: Tasks (which is synced from my work exchange account), Personal, and Pets. My default list is Personal.

So I say to Siri: "Remind me at 9:30 to order medicine."
Siri: "Ok, here's your reminder for 9:30 AM. Shall I create it?", and the reminder is displayed.
Me: "Put it on my pets list"
Siri: "Ok, I can add this to your 'Pets' list in Reminders. Shall I create it?", and the reminder is displayed again.
Me: "Yes"
Siri: "Ok, I'll remind you."

After this I now have a reminder on my Pets list for 9:30 AM today which says "Order medicine."

This is great, I was having trouble with the flow there as well.

yodaxl7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
Can you add multiple bullet items on the grocery list, instead of just one item at a time?

XtheGhost

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2011
Shortcut to list

U can add to list directly (one step)by saying : " add to [list_Name]"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.