Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Any recommendations for the best value crystal clear (non-antiglare) screen protector for the iPad 2?

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006
I always used incipio screen covers on my ip4 as they came with the feather case I always bought- very good fit, so id imagine the same with an ipad, although much more difficult to get it aligned.

I splashed out on the griffin screen care protection pack for my ipad 2, it was an awful cut, left 2mm uncovered either side as well as leaving the front bit just under the home button uncovered.

I took it off, and ended up using a cheap on i got from ebay which fitted much better and was easier to install- if the protector isnt cut to fit the entire screen, it's so much harder to align it centrally as you can't line it up with one edge.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I always used incipio screen covers on my ip4 as they came with the feather case I always bought- very good fit, so id imagine the same with an ipad, although much more difficult to get it aligned.

I splashed out on the griffin screen care protection pack for my ipad 2, it was an awful cut, left 2mm uncovered either side as well as leaving the front bit just under the home button uncovered.

I took it off, and ended up using a cheap on i got from ebay which fitted much better and was easier to install- if the protector isnt cut to fit the entire screen, it's so much harder to align it centrally as you can't line it up with one edge.

Yea, the Incipio screen protectors fit my IP4 very well. I was thinking of getting the incipio case because it didn't get very good reviews and supposedly not compatible with the iPad 2 smart covers? The good thing is that it comes with a screen protector, but I need more info about it before I snap one up. I do think it's good value though.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I usually go with bestskinsever. Water based application but I find this is the best fit and easiest to get all aligned. Although my current iPad Does not have a screen protector but I love how the screen feels without one.

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Power Support. Hands down.
They are more expensive but in the end it will pay for itself since there won't be any air-bubbles nor crackles. It's amazing quality, doesn't get smudge nor fingerprint on it. Also it fits very nicely on the iPad 2, if you misfit it, remove it and do it again - the special glue on the backside will stick again.. and again, again and again.

Been using mine for a month now and I'm still blown away by the feel of it when swiping the fingers on the screen. Best value, for sure!

Thnkdifferent

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2010
California
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ghost Armor or invisible shield. Ghost Armor has a better feel.

jamaggic

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2009
SC, thank God
only Zagg

have used Zagg screen protectors on six iPhones and five iPads without a single issue,,, slight knack to your first install but easy enough to manipulate til right, after the first the rest were easy..... just a note; recently my bike slid out from under me on a hill with gravel, iPhone popped out of my pocket and slid face down over the gravel about thirty feet.... thought that was it but when I picked it up, other than being dusty the screen was unmarked!!!! Zagg is the best.

eswank

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
NorCal
I've been using the matte screens from Monoprice.com. Pretty cheap and it does what it needs to do to meet my needs. I can buy 5 of these for the price of the Power Support versions.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Just an FYI, I got the UC version of protector from SGP and it doesn't allow the Apple Smart Cover to function properly with the auto on/off feature. It appears to be too thick so the magnets do not work. :(

I am in the process of discussing this with SGP Support. Not sure what the resolution will be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.