Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5piN

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2010
I'm thinking about getting an Apple TV and jailbreaking, but wanted to know does the Plex plug-in allow you to delete content on the machine hosting the Plex server from within the Apple TV ui?

After watching something i don't intend to keep i like to delete straight away as by the time I'm back on my hosting PC i often end up forgetting!

cjb287

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
No unfortunately you can't delete anything from within the ATV Plex client. This is often a requested feature. Whether or not they implement it in a future beta release is anyone's guess. I doubt it though since the idea is all file changes should be handled on the server itself

5piN

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2010
No unfortunately you can't delete anything from within the ATV Plex client. This is often a requested feature. Whether or not they implement it in a future beta release is anyone's guess. I doubt it though since the idea is all file changes should be handled on the server itself

Shame! ... any idea if XBMC has this functionality seeing as its a little bit more than a plug-in?

cjb287

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
hmm I'm not too sure about that one.This XBMC thread seems to suggest so. I tried the XBMC media centre but the PLEX interface is superior IMO. XBMC has been around a lot longer though (PLEX is based on it) so you can do a lot more with it.

iTalkappleosx

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
No man's land
Why you can't delete anything from the Apple TV !

The reason why we can't delete anything from the Apple TV UI, is because the new generation of Apple TV's, don't have a internal storage.:apple:

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
The reason why we can't delete anything from the Apple TV UI, is because the new generation of Apple TV's, don't have a internal storage.:apple:

That has nothing to do with the OP's question, the OP's wants to know if the ATV2 Plex client can delete content from the Plex server which is located on a seperate computer, and so has nothing to do with the internal storage of the ATV2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.