Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timize

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Just bought an iMac last month and I absolutely love it. The only problem is that every time I change my desktop background image, whenever I switch user accounts or put it to sleep and wake it up, the background image ends up changing to a different one.

I have no idea why this is... and yes, I made sure that I don't have changing background images every x minutes.

Anyone know what's going on here?

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Just bought an iMac last month and I absolutely love it. The only problem is that every time I change my desktop background image, whenever I switch user accounts or put it to sleep and wake it up, the background image ends up changing to a different one.

I have no idea why this is... and yes, I made sure that I don't have changing background images every x minutes.

Look in System Preferences - Desktop & Screen Saver - Desktop - uncheck the box named Change Picture

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
Where is your wallpaper image located (on the internal HDD or an external resource)?

I've had the wallpaper default back to an Apple one at times if the computer was started and the remote resource was unavailable at the time of startup.

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level

This probably isn't the case (since you already knew about the change pictures option), but I was very confused with the new mission control that comes with Lion (I've been using macs 4 years now).

So, you know how you can have multiple spaces, each with their own background? On my mac, the option to order the spaces to their usage was turned on. I thought it was terrible. I would constantly switch the order of spaces. Each space had it's own background, so the backgrounds would change.

This is probably not the problem, but who knows.

p.s. sometimes my backgrounds still change when I switch from spaces. E.g. space 1 has grass, space 2 a rhino. I would go from 1 to 2 and then back to 1. For some reason the background in space 1 would have changed to the rhino. Don't know why. It doesn't happen that much so I don't really care.

publixbagger

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2012
Sorry its 2 years late

Its because my little air cant handle pictures so i often delete the picture on the desktop which happens to be my background. All because google chrome doesn't have a save as background. So when I restart my computer the backround is then again changed. Hoped it helped, this was my first reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.