Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I have issues when streaming video from my iPad 2 to my ATV 2. It takes ages to load if it's a video I have recorded. Is this because of the format of iPad video or an issue with my router? I don't have a problem streaming other video content. Also I get a bit of lag when streaming games.

Bikerdawg

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2012
It's probably a router issue. I had a 'decent' dual band router from Linksys. I was having some porting issues that I could not resolve that was affecting my xbox 360 and mirroring from iPad/iphone to AppleTV. I picked up a Airport Extreme and set it up with my iPhone. It solved all of my problems.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
It's probably a router issue. I had a 'decent' dual band router from Linksys. I was having some porting issues that I could not resolve that was affecting my xbox 360 and mirroring from iPad/iphone to AppleTV. I picked up a Airport Extreme and set it up with my iPhone. It solved all of my problems.

Thanks for the advice. I've been thinking of upgrading my broadband package to Virgin anyhow so will try there super hub router first. If that doesn't work I'll go down this route.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.