Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Will the Flickr app be revamped on the new Apple TV due on the 16th? :cool:

Specifically I'd like to be able to login to my account and view my groups, sets and collections as slideshows. This might include private groups to which I am subscribed on Flickr. Have they finally integrated Flickr login and account into the app?

I realize I can mirror via AirPlay, browse to Flickr via the web, but obviously would be nice to just use the native Apple TV app.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ReggaeFire

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2003
It doesn't seem to have been updated in the new software update, so if what you're looking for wasn't there before, it's not there now.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Yep, I just installed 5.1 update and the Flickr app is the same. Hoping in the long run this gets addressed for Flickr Pro or registered users who want to view/search private GROUPS.

For those following, to be fair, any Apple TV viewer using the Flickr app may simply type in their own Flickr user id as a "contact" and access any *public* photos in sets, and all *public* photos may be searched and bookmarked.

Or enable Airplay and web browse and login to Flickr via any compatible iOS device OR buy AirParrot from the app store for any OS X 10.6+ device. Or Mountain Lion (preview for developers as of this writing) which supports AirPlay mirroring if you just can't wait or have issues with AirParrot which requires a license long term use.

-jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.