Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Micake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I have an iPod touch 2nd generation, my boyfriend decided to jailbreak it. Now I'm trying to restore it back to the normal settings. I already downloaded the iPod system update and need to restore it. However, since it's still in jailbreak it won't allow it to restore. I've tried many things including dfu mode...which I have no idea what to do when in dfu mode. I just want to reset it back to its original state so I can give it to a 9 year old boy for his birthday. -_- Any Any ANY advice is much appreciated.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I have an iPod touch 2nd generation, my boyfriend decided to jailbreak it. Now I'm trying to restore it back to the normal settings. I already downloaded the iPod system update and need to restore it. However, since it's still in jailbreak it won't allow it to restore. I've tried many things including dfu mode...which I have no idea what to do when in dfu mode. I just want to reset it back to its original state so I can give it to a 9 year old boy for his birthday. -_- Any Any ANY advice is much appreciated.
I suggest you go in to an Apple Store and tell them your boyfriend did something to your iPod and you can't reset it any more.

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
easy

make sure the iPod is turned off, then turn your computer on and launch iTunes, make sure the usb wire is connected to the computer. Then hold down the home button and plug in the iPod connection still holding the home button until iTunes detects the iPod in restore mode. Then you can restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.