Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPegboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
Detroit
I have an iPad 2 and noticed three apps needed an update this afternoon. No problem, hit update all. They go to "Waiting" status, but none of them start to load. And they are not updating at all.

I waited for a while, thinking the servers might be jammed or something. Still nothing. Turned off the iPad (all the way, shut it down) and started it back up.. still nothing.

Any thoughts?

bat717

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2010
Devon, UK
I have an iPad 2 and noticed three apps needed an update this afternoon. No problem, hit update all. They go to "Waiting" status, but none of them start to load. And they are not updating at all.

I waited for a while, thinking the servers might be jammed or something. Still nothing. Turned off the iPad (all the way, shut it down) and started it back up.. still nothing.

Any thoughts?

I'm getting this too. Also got an iBook that won't download. Very odd. Hope someone knows what's going on!

Aaron1021

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
Texas
I am also having this problem on the iPhone 4. Jailbroken on 5.0.1, but I don't think the jailbreak is the cause of it.

Yesterday, I tried to update 3 apps using the Update All button. Then after about 20 minutes of doing nothing, I reset the phone. After it came back on, the iPhone went into a continuous loop of rebooting every few minutes. After this went on for about an hour, I decided to try to download all the updates through iTunes and try syncing to see if that would work. It took about 5 tries, but it finally worked and my phone went back to normal with the apps being updated.

Never had this problem until just recently, I haven't downloaded any new apps or tweaks. It's kind of a relief to know that I'm not the only one having problems updating apps...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.