Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
What i've seen so far is that text size in finder doesn't adhere to user preferences, it's large (about 12pt) and even after being changed to smaller reverts to large size.

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
The only bug I've noticed in DP 2 is Private Browsing in Safari. When you switch it on or off you must open a new window. If you don't all webpages show up blank.

Otherwise, DP 2 is much, much more stable than DP 1. I had issues connecting my MacBook Pro to my Cinema Display; that's fixed (most likely graphics drivers). Mail.app was sometimes unresponsive; fixed. Software Update (in App Store) kept telling me to update print drivers; fixed. All in all, DP 2 feels great.

Beavix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2010
Romania
Got two system freezes after installing DP2. First one occurred after I tried moving a tab in Safari. The second one was triggered when I tried opening a video stream in QuickTime.

ac3320

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
CA
Got two system freezes after installing DP2. First one occurred after I tried moving a tab in Safari. The second one was triggered when I tried opening a video stream in QuickTime.

Overall, I would say that DP2 is much faster and snappier than DP1, but I am getting more of these funky so-called "Forced Log Outs," which I have never experienced before.

Also, Reeder is broken and so is Caffeinated, for the most part (though Caffeinated will run for a bit whereas Reeder crashes right after launch).

Interestingly, QuickTime is back for me. I was having to run VLC for all my movies in DP1.

Safari is significantly faster, that is for sure.

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
Overall, I would say that DP2 is much faster and snappier than DP1, but I am getting more of these funky so-called "Forced Log Outs," which I have never experienced before.

Also, Reeder is broken and so is Caffeinated, for the most part (though Caffeinated will run for a bit whereas Reeder crashes right after launch).

Interestingly, QuickTime is back for me. I was having to run VLC for all my movies in DP1.

Safari is significantly faster, that is for sure.
Yeah, I noticed that Reeder crashes on startup. Any ideas on how this might be fixed (aside from waiting for future updates)?

ac3320

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
CA
Yeah, I noticed that Reeder crashes on startup. Any ideas on how this might be fixed (aside from waiting for future updates)?

Probably will have to wait until Rizzi updates Reeder to 1.1.5 or whatever the next one will be. Caffeinated is actually not half bad..

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
I don't know if this is a bug, but Safari iCloud Tabs (Show Tabs on Other Devices) doesn't seem to work for me, I just got a "No iCloud tabs available" message.

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
I don't know if this is a bug, but Safari iCloud Tabs (Show Tabs on Other Devices) doesn't seem to work for me, I just got a "No iCloud tabs available" message.
Same. I'm not sure if this is an OS X issue or an iOS issue. It could be that the button is useless right now, or it could be that iOS devices haven't been updated to utilize the feature.

ac3320

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
CA
Same. I'm not sure if this is an OS X issue or an iOS issue. It could be that the button is useless right now, or it could be that iOS devices haven't been updated to utilize the feature.

I got it to work...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-17 at 4.02.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-17 at 4.02.58 PM.png
    275.6 KB · Views: 481

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
Sorry if I made it sound like I did something to get it to work :) I did nothing. I was broken for me earlier, and then I just checked it and it was showing something besides "No iCloud tabs."
Thanks for sharing this. I'll see if I can get it to work for me, too.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Sorry if I made it sound like I did something to get it to work :) I did nothing. I was broken for me earlier, and then I just checked it and it was showing something besides "No iCloud tabs."

Interesting. So facebook was originally on your device? Which was then brought over to Safari for the Mac?
See, I thought it'd be the other way around. - Or even have the capability of syncing tabs either way.

It's still broken for me, I'll keep trying.

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2011
United States
Quartz Issue? iMovie 11'

Not Sure if this is a Quartz Issue/Bug or iMovie 11' Needing an Update for Mountain Lion Support but this didn't happen on DP1.

157ht8n.png

ac3320

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
CA
Interesting. So facebook was originally on your device? Which was then brought over to Safari for the Mac?
See, I thought it'd be the other way around. - Or even have the capability of syncing tabs either way.

It's still broken for me, I'll keep trying.

Actually, I don't recall Facebook being open on my iPod :/ So that doesn't make sense.

You would think it *should* go both ways, but who knows -- it is probably half broken right now anyways.

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
iMail just froze my system after i got an new email. Had to force reboot

i've had imail need a force restart several times.

most recently i've noticed in forums.macrumors.com is that the mouse focus is several lines of text off of where the cursor actually is. like if i click the click gets registered on a completely different thread topic. i've filed both of mine

paul117

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
just filed a bug report, anyone else notice that when u set a wallpaper of your own it does not stay when the computer reboots?

treichert

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Aachen, Germany
just filed a bug report, anyone else notice that when u set a wallpaper of your own it does not stay when the computer reboots?

Yes, that just happened to me as well. It was still selected in System Preferences but the actual displayed wallpaper was one from a few days ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.