Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigB117

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
I always have the hardest time finding a case that I like for a new device.. drives me crazy.

Hopefully you guys can suggest something.

Ideally I would like:

- Leather (a nice feeling "fake" leather would be ok, fabric/canvas would be ok as well if I can't find anything else, but I would like it to look professional)
- cover's back and front of ipad
- Doesn't cover the bezel when open
- smart sleep/wake
- decent drop and scratch protection
- slim
- Durable
- front flap that folds like the ipad 1 case for video/typing position or something with a front cover that mimics the smart covers triangle folding method.
- some sort of stay put method for "book mode" so the front flap isn't flapping around. (this may be a pipe dream, I haven't seen any cases that do this yet)

So far I like the following cases, but none of them are exactly what I'm looking for..

Switcheasy Canvas I love switcheasy, but the canvas just looks a little bulky and I'm not a big fan of the typing position on the new one.

Incipio Lexington I actually ordered this one, and then cancelled. I want to make sure the magnets work before I purchase. I'm not a big fan of it's extra closure strap, but I could probably live with it. Especially if it can be used to hold the front flap in book mode.

STM Skinny, if this came in leather it would be almost perfect. I wish it didn't have that little closure flap though, I hear it wears out.

Yoobao Executive Leather Case If this case didn't cover the bezel it would also be nearly perfect. I'm also worried that it may not have enough drop protection.

Targus slim case If it didn't have that hideous apple logo cutout on the back I would buy this once they fix the magnet issue.

Is there some fantastic case out there that I'm missing? I really trying to avoid buying 3-4 cases before I find a favorite like I did with my iPhone..

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
One on my list was the marware CEO hybrid. I've heard about issues with the other marware current cases so not sure. If corrected it'd be great though

I have the Targums vuescape, which works great. However has the exposed apple logo u dislike.

say33d

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Don't know of anyone who has one of these but they look gorgeous! Think when they make a new iPad version I'm going to go for this...ticks all the boxes I think.

http://www.quadocta.com/gemini-case-fur-das-ipad-2-leder.html#bmb=1

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
The Joy Factory SmartSuit3 looks really nice.
I think it is made of fake leather.

BigB117

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
One on my list was the marware CEO hybrid. I've heard about issues with the other marware current cases so not sure. If corrected it'd be great though

I have the Targums vuescape, which works great. However has the exposed apple logo u dislike.

Marware CEO hybrid might work for me once they revise the ones that just came out, thought I do wish it covered more if the ipad around the top and bottom..

----------

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Don't know of anyone who has one of these but they look gorgeous! Think when they make a new iPad version I'm going to go for this...ticks all the boxes I think.

http://www.quadocta.com/gemini-case-fur-das-ipad-2-leder.html#bmb=1

Those look fantastic. Hopefully they will be available soon in the US for the ipad 3.

----------

The Joy Factory SmartSuit3 looks really nice.
I think it is made of fake leather.

Those look nice as well. A little expensive, but I'm willing to spend a little extra for the perfect case.

I wish more of these cases were available now..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.