Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lev312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
I don't know how many people really use Voxer, but it is a really impressive and useful app. It lets you send voice messages in a text message type form, use groups, and you can also text and send files. It basically combines the handsfree and voice functionality of a phone call with flexibility of a text message.

I think it would be a great addition to Ios, or Android as a built in part of the operating system. Voxer works great, but having it completely integrated with the bugs worked out could revolutionize the way we communicate with our phones. I was just wondering, what does everyone think?

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Agree. I love Voxer (though it's been flaky lately as they work on their servers). Text, voice, location, picture messages all in one place. Would love if they could add some of these features to iMessage. In the mean time, I'll keep supporting Voxer. The nice thing about having this in a 3rd-party app is that it's cross platform. iOS and Android users are free to "Vox" eachother. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.