Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
Have anyone else tried to roll back to Mac OS X Lion from OS X Mountain Lion (both DP1 and DP2) and then restoring data from a TimeMachine Backup made from Mountain Lion?

Everything seems to load just fine, but when I try to login it will refuse my password so it seems like TimeMachine from Mountain Lion back to Lion is messing up my passwords? Making me unable to login after doing a revert back to Lion from Mountain Lion.

No worries as I've been able to simply do a fresh install and simply copy all my files and setting things from scratch, but it would be interesting to see if anyone else is having this issue.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Have anyone else tried to roll back to Mac OS X Lion from OS X Mountain Lion (both DP1 and DP2) and then restoring data from a TimeMachine Backup made from Mountain Lion?

Everything seems to load just fine, but when I try to login it will refuse my password so it seems like TimeMachine from Mountain Lion back to Lion is messing up my passwords? Making me unable to login after doing a revert back to Lion from Mountain Lion.

No worries as I've been able to simply do a fresh install and simply copy all my files and setting things from scratch, but it would be interesting to see if anyone else is having this issue.

I know it's a bit late, but I remember reading this thread and I just stumbled upon a solution: http://falkenmire.com/blog/2012/3/12/mountain-lion-to-lion-rollback.html

Haven't tried it myself though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.