Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Placed an order for a number of them (different colors) this morning. Should have pics and video up by end of the week :)

SYale

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
California
Placed an order for a number of them (different colors) this morning. Should have pics and video up by end of the week :)

Now I'm undecided, so I'm looking forward to your videos! Is it possible to do a comparison between an Incipio Feather and Switcheasy Coverbuddy?

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I loved my SE Canvas for my iPad 2 and the company has unsurpassed customer service. I just wish that they had a version of the CoverBuddy that locked the Smart Cover to the case.

fredsarran

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2008
I loved my SE Canvas for my iPad 2 and the company has unsurpassed customer service. I just wish that they had a version of the CoverBuddy that locked the Smart Cover to the case.

Yea, I would buy immediately if it was the case (sorry for the punt).

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Now I'm undecided, so I'm looking forward to your videos! Is it possible to do a comparison between an Incipio Feather and Switcheasy Coverbuddy?

If I hang on to my Incipio I will otherwise I am planning on returning it so I might just have an individual feather video up soon.

Nothing wrong with the feather, I just dont like the open top and bottm.

xPhantom

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2012
I've been waiting for this! But now that the new ZUM SC Ultimate will also be released this week, I'm not sure which one to get...

Bazodee

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Oh I'm torn between the coverbuddy and the joy smartsuit.
I have a switcheasy cara that I love.

Bazodee

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012

Figured out what you meant -thre aren't many that do keep the smart cover on are there?

Last edited:

sfazngiants

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
Wirelessly posted

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the clear one to go with the white icarbons back.

xPhantom

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2012
I went ahead and ordered a green one... hopefully the color will match my smart cover! Maybe I'll get a ZUM also when that comes out, but we'll see.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Does this lock the smart cover in place?

Also, how is the material for the clear. It says it's scratch resitant but that seems pretty tough considering it looks like a completely clear plastic. Anyone have any info?

Dechter

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2010

And I was just about to pull the trigger on an order, but now I'm going to wait for your always thorough review videos! Keep up the awesome work.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Starting to not like my new canvas

Can anyone comment if the smart covers fall off the iPad in a bag?

The canvas cover isn't so secure with the magnetic clasp. U can hear it turn on off when just carrying it

MrBambinoDent

macrumors regular
May 23, 2011
Starting to not like my new canvas

Can anyone comment if the smart covers fall off the iPad in a bag?

The canvas cover isn't so secure with the magnetic clasp. U can hear it turn on off when just carrying it

The smart cover is pretty good. It doesn't fall off until you really want to. Not in the bag not while carrying it.

MrBambinoDent

macrumors regular
May 23, 2011
Well I finally pulled the trigger on these. Just ordered a clear one and a red one.
Hopefully they are going to be good enough.
On a side note they charge 15$ for shipping to Canada. I thought Incipio was ridiculous charging 8$ but not anymore.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
My Cover Buddy order just arrived (moments ago). I ordered Clear, Red, Blue, Lt and Dark Grey and got them all with the exception of the Clear. Apparently at this time Clear is still out of stock so I will get mine whenever they come back in.

I popped a couple on my iPad and here is my initial impressions:

1) Smelly - WOW! Out of the box it has a strong odor which surprised me. I do not recall this with the prior version of the Cover Buddy.

2) Everything lines up so there are no issues there but you can tell its slightly off. Example: The microphone cut out is not center - this is not a performance impacting issue but just an observation.

3) Smooth satin touch. The colors are pretty well matched to the smart cover (Well at least my blue one is).

4) When its on it leaves a pretty big gap between the case and where the smart cover hinge attaches. I will have to go back and compare this to the prior version of the cover buddy but for some reason I want to say its much larger in this updated version.

5) Comes with matching dock and headphone jack connectors.

I need to spend some more time with it and I will post pics and video soon but so far its ok. Nothing mind blowing. Honestly I was expecting a little more.

Good news it's under $30 :)

jinrawke

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
LOL. I'm worried about the 'SMELLY WOW!' remark... I think I'll tell my roommate to open it up when it gets there and 'air' it out for me or maybe spray some febreze on it.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Here is a quick photo. I will post more later just a bit busy through this afternoon.

Attachments

• coverbuddy.JPG
    coverbuddy.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 162

alau0115

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
Markham, ON, Canada
Well I finally pulled the trigger on these. Just ordered a clear one and a red one.
Hopefully they are going to be good enough.
On a side note they charge 15$ for shipping to Canada. I thought Incipio was ridiculous charging 8$ but not anymore.
Not sure what shipping method is used by Incipio but SwitchEasy uses fast shipping which took one day to arrive in my case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.