Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsmartr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Hi. I'm running Xcode 4 and trying to follow the steps in Apple's Image Kit Programming Guide (which is written for Xcode 3) on how to work with an Image View and the IKImageView class. I just imported the Quartz and Quartz Core frameworks (from /System/Frameworks directory) to my blank Cocoa Application project using File > Add Files to... menu, but when I try to Run my application I get this error: Lexical or Preprocessor Issue 'QuartzCore/CIColor.h' file not found

Does anyone know what could be a reason?

bsmartr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Thank you for your reply.
Are you using

#include "QuartzCore/CIColor.h" in your source file?
No, I'm not using it. But apparently it's being used by AppKit framework (see the screenshot I made). CI in CIColor stands for Core Image. I'm now reading Core Image Programming Guide, may be I'll figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas? It's so frustrating, I only added those frameworks (mentioned above) to my project and tried to compile the project but it wouldn't compile. I didn't write any code yet.
Here is a screenshot, hopefully it helps:
2XsUveeV.jpg

Last edited:

bsmartr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Yaay, I solved the issue. The process of importing frameworks has changed completely in Xcode 4 and seems like I got it wrong. I tried to add frameworks to my project by going to File>Add Files to Project ⌥⌘A menu as described in the Apple's Image Kit Programming Guide (which is written in 2008 for Xcode 3) but in Xcode 4 you should do it through the project editor (see screenshot):
tXJhDJ75.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.