Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cooldude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
And as expected with AT&T/Apple Announcing its Program to unlock OFF-Contract Iphones. The Service is back again.

Check this blog below. I have already put in an order and will let you guys know how it goes.

Will keep you guys posted with any updates i get.

BLOG LINK:
Code:
http://icanunlock.com/blog/3/And-AGAIN-FACTORY-UNLOCK-AT-T-IPHONE-IS-BACK.html

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
And as expected with AT&T/Apple Announcing its Program to unlock OFF-Contract Iphones. The Service is back again.

Check this blog below. I have already put in an order and will let you guys know how it goes.

Will keep you guys posted with any updates i get.

BLOG LINK:
Code:
http://icanunlock.com/blog/3/And-AGAIN-FACTORY-UNLOCK-AT-T-IPHONE-IS-BACK.html

Thanks, but you are about a week late on this .... announced Friday, April 6th

Existing thread here

cooldude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
This is different. These people unlock the Iphone without checking if you are eligible for unlock or not. This a 3rd Party unlocking the Iphones and not Apple/AT&T themselves.

AT&T and Apple only unlock off contract phone depending on whether you completed your contract or not.

----------

I dont get it, so this site charges you to unlock your AT&T iphone?

Yes Exactly. I wasnt eligible for unlocking my Iphone 4. So i am doing it through these guys.

fullmanfullninj

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2009
Honestly, getting an IMEI unlock is possible, even for 4S devices. No need to pay $130 for this overpriced service, which is a good (I mean obviously under 50%) percent of the price of devices on CL or whatever.

Just keep trying your luck with ATT and eventually you'll get to a person who will and can unlock your device for you.

cooldude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
Since AT&T couldnt unlock my phone and i dont think anyone is working on getting the 4.11.08 software unlock i only had the option to get this service.

Fingers crossed though:p

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
$50-70 might have been worth it. At $130, you're probably better off buying out of your contract via etf. I got my on contract 4S unlocked for free so the point is moot :p

cooldude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
They just reduced their price and Time frame -

Now theyre completeing orders within an hour or 2 hours.

cooldude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
Trust me guys, I have personally tested their service. It works.

I got my 2nd phone unlocked . Got an email back within an hour of submitting.

----------

This is the email that i got
Code:
Subject: 	AT&T Unlock Order
Date: 	Sat, April 28, 2012 7:58 pm
To: 	d*****@gmail.com
Cc: 	admin@icanunlock.com
Priority: 	Normal
Options: 	
View Full Header |  View Printable Version  | Download this as a file  | View Message Details | Add to Address Book | View as HTML

Dear d*****

Your Iphone with the IMEI : 01264400114**** has successfully been calculated. For
Instructions on how to Unlock without loosing your jailbreak please follow the
instructions on the link below

Link:
http://www.redmondpie.com/heres-how-to-unlock-your-att-iphone-without-losing-jailbreak/

If you dont have jailbroken phone or dont want to jailbreak. To Unlock simply update
your phone to the latest firmware and then to activate the phone insert an
Unauthorised sim card into the iphone and follow the instructions on screen to
activate. Once phone is activated you will see that your phone has been unlocked and
your unauthorised sim card working.

=================================
Unlock code :  UNLOCKED
Orders details
Order ID : 189
Service Name : ATT Factory Unlock iphone USA 3G 3GS 4 4S
Credit : 130

Best Regards
I Can Unlock Team

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
I suspect OP either owns or is somehow affiliated with this unlocking service. Seems like a waste to spend $260 on unlocking two phones when multiple others have gotten on contract phones unlocked for free by AT&T.

cooldude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
I suspect OP either owns or is somehow affiliated with this unlocking service. Seems like a waste to spend $260 on unlocking two phones when multiple others have gotten on contract phones unlocked for free by AT&T.

AT&T does not Unlock iPhone 4S . Since they are still in contract. Thats what i got unlocked. I wouldnt waste money on a iPhone 4 when i know AT&T can unlock it for free.

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Why would you pay $130 for a 4S unlock when you can run the Gevey SIM for $15? unless you are on a CDMA 5.1 phone.

cooldude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
AT&T iPhone 4S 5.1 even though can be unlocked via Gevey sim but its better to have a factory Unlocked phone since then with every Update i dont have to get a new Gevey sim and since according to my knowledge basebands on iphone 4S cant be preserved. I thought that getting it factory unlocked would be the wise option. Plus i got it at a good deal on craigslist.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
This is different. These people unlock the Iphone without checking if you are eligible for unlock or not. This a 3rd Party unlocking the Iphones and not Apple/AT&T themselves.

AT&T and Apple only unlock off contract phone depending on whether you completed your contract or not.

----------

Yes Exactly. I wasnt eligible for unlocking my Iphone 4. So i am doing it through these guys.

I am still on contract and I was eligible for an unlock for my 4...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.