Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
I have the beta installed on my Mac, and would really love it if this app had FaceTime built right into the app. On mountain Lion, are they still two separate apps?

Something that really annoys me about FaceTime is that when you're on a call to someone and they switch to a new space (IE to check a full screened Safari) the video feed freezes till they switch back to it. Is this still the same in ML?

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I have the beta installed on my Mac, and would really love it if this app had FaceTime built right into the app. On mountain Lion, are they still two separate apps?

Something that really annoys me about FaceTime is that when you're on a call to someone and they switch to a new space (IE to check a full screened Safari) the video feed freezes till they switch back to it. Is this still the same in ML?

Separate and yes.

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Separate and yes.

That's a disappointment, and the only thing keeping me from using FaceTime and iMessage exclusively, currently I use Skype as it has text chatting built in and webcam support as well as integration with Facebook which is useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.