Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
what are some good screen protector brands? i'm doing the blue color swap and i dont do a case so i would like to protect it. thanks

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
Wraspol is also good. They use a non-liquid apply technique which works in a similar way to ZAGG. The air bubbles can breath through the material after application so any stray bubbles you may have afterwards will be gone within forty eight hours. I used the full body film for my iPhone 4 and for the few months I had it on it worked great.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
just did some quick searches, sgp looks great but $30 for screen protectors is a joke. i read a few bad things about zagg. i'm looking at powersupports set. thank you

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
SGP Glas.T - it's the best screen protector out there!

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
The monoprice ones are pretty good too. I had a hard time telling the difference between those and power support except for the price.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
there are countless screen protectors out there. you can't ask such a general question.

that said, the spigen glas.t is obviously the best.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I wish I had started with the Glas.t and didn't waste more than $30 on other screen protectors.

It's a worthy investment bro, believe that... I dropped my phone one time when I was getting out of the car (left it on my lap FAIL!!) without a case on and the Glas.T basically saved my phone! It cracked/chipped the screen and I initially thought my screen was done with till I realized that the Glas.T screen protector basically saved my screen from being chipped or cracked. Now I have my case on all the damn time on top of Glas.T for my new 4S.

PS and other screen protectors are good but they will not save our beautiful screen from being damaged!

Anthony81586

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
SGP Glas.T - it's the best screen protector out there!

It is an awesome protector. The first one I had however was defective and got a replacement, which (of my own fault) got dust on the sticky side, rendering it all but useless.

Just got to Verizon and get the 3-pack of crystal ones for $15

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
i read a few bad things about zagg.
Read carefully (what you should have done rather than creating yet another one of these threads). The negative comments tend to be about the original IS which isn't the same thing as the HD version.

just did some quick searches, sgp looks great but $30 for screen protectors is a joke.
First off, it's a highly subjective matter. Second, I didn't pay $30 for my UF screen protector. Where are you getting $30 from?

PS and other screen protectors are good but they will not save our beautiful screen from being damaged!
If you're looking for impact protection then a screen protector is the wrong solution. No two drops are identical. Don't assume that just because your screen didn't crack when you dropped it means that it provides suitable protection for all drops. Coincidental != casual as well.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Read carefully (what you should have done rather than creating yet another one of these threads). The negative comments tend to be about the original IS which isn't the same thing as the HD version.

First off, it's a highly subjective matter. Second, I didn't pay $30 for my UF screen protector. Where are you getting $30 from?

its only an internet forum buddy dont get your thong in a twist :D

msrp for those is $30

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011

If you're looking for impact protection then a screen protector is the wrong solution. No two drops are identical. Don't assume that just because your screen didn't crack when you dropped it means that it provides suitable protection for all drops. Coincidental != casual as well.

I never said to use it as an impact protection. All I'm saying is that it'll help protect the screen thus the name "screen protector" - its the only one that keep your screen lookin' good and keep it from breaking.

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
From my experience and what we carry at the store. Different brands of screen protectors makes little difference. They're all just the same PET material (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene_terephthalate), with slightly different index of reflection.

There are some realllly cheap ones that will have a "rainbow banding" effect on the screen when you're looking at it indoors with the screen off. But even those ones won't distract when the screen is on.

My advice - use screen protectors like professional chefs change knives. Don't buy the best one that money can buy but go for the ones that are good value for money. And then just change them every few months when they get worn.

Even the best ones will scratch. You can spend $30 to get one that will get scuffed in 6months and feel bad about throwing out, or one that's $5 bucks and just chuck out without thinking twice.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
For most it was the Glas T but not everyone (including me) can readily afford it :(

i mean i can afford it but it would be such a waste of money, just like $100+ cases are

----------

Even the best ones will scratch. You can spend $30 to get one that will get scuffed in 6months and feel bad about throwing out, or one that's $5 bucks and just chuck out without thinking twice.

exactly

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
The most expensive SGP screen protector is the Glas.T which is $27.99. The others come in a pack of 2 and run from $13.99 to $15.99.

Sunsean

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2012
If you aren't familiar, I'd recommend Best Skins Ever. They are great. I've used them on my last 3 phones. You can get just the front, or the whole body skin (similar to Zagg). I've never used Zagg, but from what I hear the material isn't great on the screen, lots of orange peel/fuzziness. The BSE are awesome, they really don't get in the way of you and your phone at all. They also even out after the first day or 2, so by day 3 you can't tell they're there at all. Oh - and the full body set is only like $9.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/apple-products/iphone

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
If you aren't familiar, I'd recommend Best Skins Ever. They are great. I've used them on my last 3 phones. You can get just the front, or the whole body skin (similar to Zagg). I've never used Zagg, but from what I hear the material isn't great on the screen, lots of orange peel/fuzziness.

thats what ive been reading myself. thanks for the link

definitely gonna do front and back cause once i do the mirror blue conversion i wouldnt want that to get scratched at all

stevecol

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
I can confirm that Zagg does give fuzziness - well it did with mine, Worst buy I ever made :(

Interested in Glas T - think you get what you pay for in most cases

Sunsean

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2012
thats what ive been reading myself. thanks for the link

definitely gonna do front and back cause once i do the mirror blue conversion i wouldnt want that to get scratched at all

Seriously - check out the best skins ever. All together, the full body skin plus shipping comes out to about $12, and it arrived in about 3 days. Only caveat is to take your time when applying the skins...it can be a little frustrating getting them just right and them waiting for them to adhere...but even if it's not 'perfect' - i.e. some air bubbles or streaks, it will generally take care of itself in a couple of days.

Interested in Glas T - think you get what you pay for in most cases

Generally that's probably true - except for the above mentioned best skins ever :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.