Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gab1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Hi, I am having problems in Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5, as a designer/developer for websites I use the find and replace loads and its just common knowledge for me to know the shortcut but when I do this and the box comes up to do the find and replace after a few seconds dreamweaver crashes and I can't figure out why or what it is.

Unfortunately I cannot fit the entire error on here but have attached it to this post.

Any help would be appreciated as this is a importance peace of functionality for me.

thanks
Graham

Attachments

• dreamweaver search issue.doc
    111.5 KB · Views: 82

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
No offense, I'm not opening an unknown .DOC file off the internet, but otherwise this question is probably best in the Adobe forums, not MacRumors.

gab1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
I posted here because I got a good response last time I posted here, I never get a great response from the companies own forums, if the creators of macrumors had thought they won't help people with software issues then this sub forum wouldn't exist in which I posted and don't go judging people, I couldn't put up a text file because it wouldn't allow me too.

I came here asking a genuine question expecting a professional answer.

So would someone be kind enough to look at it and let me know as its annoying.

grtgrfx

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2008
Try creating a PDF of your error report and upload that

I saw your original post on Adobe's forums, and, as usual, their staff don't bother to reply. As far as the other poster here goes, why don't you post a PDF of the error report and maybe he'll be brave enough to look at it.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
I came here asking a genuine question expecting a professional answer.

So would someone be kind enough to look at it and let me know as its annoying.

As a Lead Systems Engineer my professional answer is that no one should open an unknown DOC file from the internet. That was a polite answer I supplied, sorry if it wasn't the one you wanted to hear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.