Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jr.macintosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Hi,
i wondered if someone knows some fun games that i could play on my macbook white early 2009
Specs: 2,0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hi,
i wondered if someone knows some fun games that i could play on my macbook white early 2009
Specs: 2,0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Borderlands GOTY and anything older from Feral should run fine on your laptop. I know other game makers should have a list of older games as well.

Edwin

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
It depends on the type of games you like to play. If you give us a little more information we could tell you some games you might enjoy :). Some of my favorites are Starcraft, Warcraft III, Civilization IV, Imperial Glory, Dragon Age Origins, Real Racing 2, Sid Meier's Pirates!, and Limbo.

You can also check out the Mac App Store, lots of games available there.

jr.macintosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
It depends on the type of games you like to play. If you give us a little more information we could tell you some games you might enjoy :). Some of my favorites are Starcraft, Warcraft III, Civilization IV, Imperial Glory, Dragon Age Origins, Real Racing 2, Sid Meier's Pirates!, and Limbo.

You can also check out the Mac App Store, lots of games available there.

Somthing in the genre of fps or strategy

Aaron from KY

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
Northern Kentucky
check out Steam, they can list games by platform. Due to the fact you have Nvidia graphics, and the laptop is 3 years old, you should probably be looking for games that are 3-5 years old, or consider installing windows, since the drivers are better and you'll probably get a few more frames per second on that side too.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Mac App Store is also a good place to look. Most of the older games might run on your machine.

Edwin

Chilaha

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2011
I saw you were an FPS fan and decided to give some input.
Free Games:
Americas Army (2.5 is latest version for Mac OSX)
Quake Live
Urban Terror
Assault Cube
Halo Combat Evolved: Demo
Nexuiz Classic
Team Fortress 2 (Probably the best game on this list)
Open Arena

Paid Games:
Modern Warfare 4
Counter Strike
Borderlands
Half life 2
Bioshock
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I'm not sure if all the paid games will work on your computer, but most of them should work. Probably best to run them on low settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.