Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gknova61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
I just updated my carrier settings, and iPhone 4S from 5.1 to 5.1.1, and while it was updating, it said, restore error or something, put my iPhone 4S into recovery mode, and now even after a computer reboot and iPhone reboot, it won't show up in iTunes. I can't simply bring it into Apple or use their express lane as there is no Apple Store near me, and the Express Lane will not work for me for some strange reason so i need someone who knows what to do instead of referring me to someone who does. I have read all the guides that say that iTunes should show this message when you connect it in recovery mode(it doesn't even detect it):
HT1808--recovery_alert-002-en.png

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hi,

390 views and no help !

Ive not come across this so won't waste your time.

i truly hope another more experienced member pops along and manages to guide you.

Good luck.

gknova61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Thanks man, I've posted this on several other forums (including the official apple forums), the exact same way, and no one was able to help me. I have read thou that some users are experiencing the same thing as me after updating over iTunes.

dabgdk

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
I solved this problem by using a USB port in the rear of my computer (as opposed to the front/side).

Omacron

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
This happened to me to with my iPhone 3GS. You could try using RedSn0w or tinyumbrella to forcefully exit it but if that doesn't work you might have to take it to a technician so they can fix it but it is expensive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.