Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gumblecosby

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
We will just have to wait till the WWDC event to find out. I hope so but my gut says "no". The ipod touch 4g and the iPad 1 may get the boot with iOS 6 or get a stripped down version of it.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
It should. iPhone 3GS has gotten iOS 3 iOS 4 and iOS 5 that's 3 os's. I would think that there would be a average of 3 os's on each device. Hopefully it happens

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Will they say it in WWDC ? I hope it will work.I dont think that there will be huge difference then IOS 5 so it must work with 4G or else the 4G will for what ? Why the people buy it .

Lets hope it will work

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
We will just have to wait till the WWDC event to find out. I hope so but my gut says "no". The ipod touch 4g and the iPad 1 may get the boot with iOS 6 or get a stripped down version of it.

No way- it will get it. Look at MacRumors' latest article and also Apple will likely still be selling the current iPod touch when iOS 6 is released.

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
No way- it will get it. Look at MacRumors' latest article and also Apple will likely still be selling the current iPod touch when iOS 6 is released.

What do you mean by still be selling the current Ipod touch ? Do they stop selling or changing ? I don't understand ?

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
What do you mean by still be selling the current Ipod touch ? Do they stop selling or changing ? I don't understand ?

I mean iOS 6 will likely come out before the next generation iPod touch is out and therefore the current generation will still be the one being sold and will be capable of iOS 6 - also, like I said, please read the latest article on MacRumors as that tells you what devices will be supported and the 4th gen iPod touch is one of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.