Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK
Basically what the title says...
Anyone know where I can download it? Or is anybody willing to share if they already have the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display?

Attachments

• i7.jpg
    i7.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 1,507

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Basically what the title says...
Anyone know where I can download it? Or is anybody willing to share if they already have the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display?
Right-clicking on the image in your post and selecting "Google this Image" leads me to this (no higher resolution found):
unntamed.jpg
TinEye will do the same thing.

javaporter

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
Steve Bloom

http://www.stevebloomphoto.com/portfolios/animals/aerial/slideshow.html

It's a Steve Bloom photo. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not a free wallpaper download (legally at any rate). However, I'm glad I found his site, I'm definitely going to buy his book.

GGJstudios, thanks for the tip on the google chrome search by image extension. That's amazing, I had no idea that existed.

For their marketing photography, Apple typically arranges for rights directly with well-known photographers, the only desktops they typically show are the default ones such as the space-themed wallpaper.

I've had pretty good luck finding good wallpapers on interfacelift and wallbase.cc

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Anyone ever use interfacelift.com ....they have some descent wallpapers

I see some of the wallpapers already have the retina label next to them.

tomtendo

Suspended
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Macbook Pro Retina Display Zebra Wallpaper?

Anyone have the zebra wallpaper that they have that is showed on the MBP Retina Display? The one will all the Zebras running in a field.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Seriously, this must be some epic wallpaper for someone to ask repeatedly.

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK
http://www.stevebloomphoto.com/portfolios/animals/aerial/slideshow.html

It's a Steve Bloom photo. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not a free wallpaper download (legally at any rate). However, I'm glad I found his site, I'm definitely going to buy his book.

GGJstudios, thanks for the tip on the google chrome search by image extension. That's amazing, I had no idea that existed.

For their marketing photography, Apple typically arranges for rights directly with well-known photographers, the only desktops they typically show are the default ones such as the space-themed wallpaper.

I've had pretty good luck finding good wallpapers on interfacelift and wallbase.cc

Thank you so much! I emailed them and they said it would be £50! ($76!) to use as a wallpaper, which is a little steep just for a wallpaper!

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
UK

fredsarran

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2008
Dude, I want the wallpapers too OMG!

Here is what I have as a reply from the people at Steve Bloom :

We are a rights-protected image library and therefore have a minimum fee of
50 UK pounds (approx US$76, or 62 Euros) for any use of our images. The
minimum would apply for use of an image as an individual computer wallpaper
/ screensaver.

LOL, anybody want to buy a wallpaper ?

TJC PE

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
Bloom should watermark and give away for free

Bloom should put out a version with a small watermark with his website and then post this image for free.

Mind you, im not suggesting he give away all his work or even an original version of the zebras photo. But a free version with a watermark would start to appear on a lot of MacBooks (even on some Retina-wannabes, and iPads too), and I'm sure would drive some considerable traffic to his website and follow up sales.

Here's hopeing.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Here is what I have as a reply from the people at Steve Bloom :

We are a rights-protected image library and therefore have a minimum fee of
50 UK pounds (approx US$76, or 62 Euros) for any use of our images. The
minimum would apply for use of an image as an individual computer wallpaper
/ screensaver.

LOL, anybody want to buy a wallpaper ?

Not at that ****ing price OMG.

Nebrie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
email Tim Cook and ask him to buy the rights to distribute it with Mountain Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.