Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Hi guys, as the title says, what do you think is better for a college student to have? Right now I have the late 2011 15" MBP, but with the new processors in the Mac family this year I am thinking of switching to a 13" MBA. Suggestions? :)

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
I think a Macbook Air is better for a college student to have but you already have a fine (and very new) computer. It depends how much $$ you have to keep buying new things. If I were you I would keep the Pro, but if you have a lot of money to spend and/or are really concerned about lugging a lot of weight, get the Air. I lugged a 15" Powerbook around for 4 years of college but that's because they didn't have the Air when I was around. I would never do that again. Haha.

Zzari

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2012
Seattle, WA
If you can afford it, get the 13" Air. Lugging around a 15" laptop seems like a hassle to me. I carry around a lot of stuff and every lb counts when you're at school all day.

The only reasons I would consider keeping the 15" are A) you have the high-res version and like the real estate, B) you need the processing power for something, or C) you have trouble reading text on smaller screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.