Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bizdata

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Kiev, Ukraine
Hello. Hand tool disappeared in Preview 6.0!? I used to scroll through multipage PDF documents with my Wacom pen. But now I can't! WTF? This is extremely frustrating!

mabaker

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2008
Come to think of it .. the Trackpad and Magic Mouse work just fine though.. could scroll using any of those ;D

Every time a feature is taken away we have to find a second hand solution to it.

It shouldn't work that way. What made them take away this useful feature?

Reactions: Sandstorm

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
Remember when they took out the ability to pan around in iPhoto with click & drag? People went nuts and Apple eventually reimplemented it.

What do they have against this feature? :(

jdavidbakr

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
In most apps, holding the spacebar lets you click and drag the document around. Does that still work?

Nope, space bar appears to act as a page down. Like the OP, I use a Wacom tablet - and now reading PDF's in Preview is incredibly difficult.

Deraillor

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
I'd like to voice my frustration as well. Not everyone uses a GD trackpad or mighty mouse. Bring back the panning tool, for the love.

Reactions: Sandstorm

yeknommonkey

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2008
approximate
Grab scroll is your friend

if you use wacom type stylus, search for smartscroll from marcmoini

The 'grab scroll' option allows you to add a 'hand' type effect to anything, your wacom pen will become a million times more useful!

I have the 2nd button assigned to grab, so you can swish around in finder, and even click and drag illustrtor windows whilst the type tool is active, which used to require deselecting the type, then hitting space to grab and drag around a window.

works in preview too - obviously.

Waterdog29

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2015
Three finger drag - I'm using OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 I just ticked the box for 3 finger drag in the trackpad preferences and was able to use the three finger drag to pan around google maps. But it didn't work in autocad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.