Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eLoup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Hi everyone. I will be buying an iMac and am expecting (worst-case scenario, for me) that ML will be pre-installed on the iMac. However, for software compatibility purposes, it will be very likely that I need be be able to run Lion (heck, or even Snow L.) I am purchasing Nuke and Hiero (The Foundry), but unfortunately these two programs are not ML complaint, and there is a chance there may be compatibility issues. The Foundry does not seem very pressed to update Nuke or Hiero just for ML compatibility, so the wait may be long.

If I create a partition on my new iMac and install Lion or Snow L. on that partition and boot off from that partition, is this going to work ? I've never partitioned my Mac before, so don't really know how this works...

Many thanks for the eventual hints !!!

Jean-Loup

Beezzy

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2011
When are you buying your Mac? Because Apple's isn't sending out new machines with ML until the ones are already with Lion gone and they'll just give you a code for ML.

eLoup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
I'm buying as soon as I can, so today even, if possible. I have been holding off because I've feared compatiblity issues. I will be puchising from Apple.fr - I live and work in Paris so off the French Apple site.

If I purchase imediatly, I don't stand a chance to get a ML iMac ?

I know from experience that Nuke and Hiero both run fine under Lion, so if I get a Lion iMac I'll be really happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.