Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goblin cadet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
Ive been having problems with MMS on my iphone. I am able to receive pictures from anyone. I am able to send pictures to anyone who does not use an imessage. However sending a picture to someone who is using imessage will not work. The picture will appear to go through as delivered, but they will not receive it. I am using Straight Talk and my settings are:

Cellular Data
APN: att.mvno
Username:
Password:
MMS
APN: att.mvno
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80
MMS Max Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL:

Thanks for any help in advance

crunchingnumber

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2010
mms not working

Anyone have any clues on how we resolve this. because i even checked the settings on my 4s and still no joy on my sons 4

ibcj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
I followed the directions here: http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Straight_Talk_iPhone

It requires installing some software and changing the backup file. I would recommend backing up the phone to the computer twice so you have two backup files. On my 2nd phone, the backup became corrupted, so I had to do a restore and install from a slightly older backup.

crunchingnumber

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2010
Mms

I had done all that before with the exception of resetting network settings. I reset network settings and just used tetherme which i already had installed and it worked perfectly.

I suspect that as the unlockit site had the settings correct as well, either jailbroken/unjailbroken solution will work fine. The key seems to be to reset network settings, at least for what ever reason that worked for me.

Thanks for the post.

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
I've been having some serious iMessage problems this week. I've done everything from changing the APN, resetting, restoring, editing files with iBackupBot, changed date/time settings… everything.

It appears it's something on Apples end.

DentTheUniverse

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
I had this issue with my 4. Just got the 4s, and this issue doesnt really seem to exist, sim swap is super easy.But I just reset my apple id pw, and then my pics stopped working. So had to redo the sim swap apn again and it works fine. My guess is trying to activate the apple id at startup and then do the sim swap. If the apple id breaks it appears the mms do as well. We no longer have a need for a factory unlocked phone with straight talk, so I dont think that would matter either:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.