Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron1004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Louisville, KY
I bought my MBP 17" from B&H and the day that Mountain Lion came available through iTunes I bought it at what I consider a very reasonable $20, then a few days later I received an email from B&H with a link to the "Free Upgrade to Mac OS X Mountain Lion".

I don't expect anything from Apple for my hasty error, but is there any chance that they may consider an iTunes credit for the $20, and if so how do you contact them regarding this?

Attachments

• mountain_lion_upgradev99.jpg
    mountain_lion_upgradev99.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

ron1004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Louisville, KY
I can't believe it - within 15 mins of sending a request to iTunes/Apple, I got the below reply - couldn't ask for better service than that.

Denise here from the iTunes Store. I understand you purchased OS X Mountain Lion then received a free code for it. I can certainly appreciate how this would be an inconvenience. Please know I will do my best to help with this today.

No problem Ron.You will see $21.19 added to your store credit balance within 48 hours. You may need to sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in before you see the credit in your account.

Please know, refunding the purchase of OS X Mountain Lion will not remove OS X Mountain Lion from the Purchases section of the Mac App Store as long as you have redeemed the code. It is very important that you redeem the code as soon as possible. If it is not redeemed OS X Mountain Lion will be removed from the Purchases section and you will not be able to install future updates.

Should you have further questions or concerns Ron, please do not hesitate to reply, and I'll be more than happy to help you. Thank you for contacting iTunes Support, take care and have a great day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.