Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClearlyTrying

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
I see people asking so questions about cs:go.. I'm just letting everyone know that the professionals from NCi created an Official Netcode CS:GO guide and CFG. It covers everything from videos, tutorials, tips, tricks and much more. learn how the pros play! Its what i'm trying to do :p Basically anything and everything you need for CS:GO for MAC and PC.

Check it out at: csgo guide

Good find, thank me later ;)

Last edited:

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
I see people asking so questions about cs:go.. I'm just letting everyone know that the professionals from NCi created an Official Netcode CS:GO guide and CFG. It covers everything from videos, tutorials, tips, tricks and much more. learn how the pros play! Its what i'm trying to do :p Basically anything and everything you need for CS:GO for MAC and PC.

Check it out at: csgo guide

Good find, thank me later :)

Here I thought there was at least one forum I visit that isn't infested with Netcode wankers.

Alfuh

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
Thanks for the link

Does anyone know where to put this on a Mac? I can't find where the actual files are ... inside the CS:GO Package are just the icon and the shortcut to launch the steam app ... don't see it all in the Steam Package either.

I searched around and only found information based on the old CS:S which doesn't seem to work either

Any help is appreciated

ClearlyTrying

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
@Alfuh, go to the forum section of their website and they can explain how to get you situated.

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
Thanks for the link

Does anyone know where to put this on a Mac? I can't find where the actual files are ... inside the CS:GO Package are just the icon and the shortcut to launch the steam app ... don't see it all in the Steam Package either.

I searched around and only found information based on the old CS:S which doesn't seem to work either

Any help is appreciated

In Windows it's in your Steam/Common folder. I don't know about Mac, maybe look at the contents of Steam rather than CS:GO.

@Alfuh, go to the forum section of their website and they can explain how to get you situated.

They won't be able to help. They will probably tell you to buy a Razer product or subscribe to their premium service.

ClearlyTrying

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
They won't be able to help. They will probably tell you to buy a Razer product or subscribe to their premium service.

They don't tell you to buy any Razer products, they demonostrate what they use to compete in local tournaments, and at home. Being a professional gamer entitles you to professional sponsors, this specific group of gamers being sponsorsed by Razer. They aren't telling you to go and buy them. They simply present what they are using, and explain the pros and cons of each of its abilities. It's more then just that guide; they offer a lot from Professionals showing how they play, and offering 1on1 tutorials, tips, and help.

Subscribing to their premium services comes with great benefits that you can't find anywhere else. It's innovative and a great opportunity. If you don't find professional gamers offering their help a cool thing to take advantage of, then simply don't participate.

I don't understand why you proceed to criticize them for no reason. Yes, they are sponsored by Razer. Yes they have Razer pereiphs; that is minuscule as to what they offer as a whole.

If you are the least bit concerned with the game play such as aiming,recoil, stategys; site taking, rushing, how to use smokes,flashes, nades the most effectively at the most competitive level in eSports and just loads of information the casual gamer wouldn't know, then give it a visit.

Why the hate?

& They would certainly help you with any questions, this guy obviously is against the community I recommended for help.

Last edited:

ratfink

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2012
Thanks for the link

Any help is appreciated

Because it's a Source game it's probably:

"~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/csgo/cfg"

ClearlyTrying

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Thanks for the link

Any help is appreciated
No problem man, just thought it was very useful and great for anyone considering what it's like to be a professional player. Soon it will be me and you :D

I have a few friends with Macs and are currently running the game; perhaps I can help you being the middle man and then asking them.

Did you buy the game and get the CD? Or are you using Steam and digitally purchase the game?

CFoss

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
I don't believe it's possible to get rid of mouse acceleration on OS-X, making it next to impossible to play competitively. I could never hit anything when I had Team Fortress 2 installed on my Mac.

It's why I have Windows installed on my MacBook, and I've never looked back.

Alfuh

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2009
Because it's a Source game it's probably:

"~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/csgo/cfg"

This was exactly right. I had the folder hidden which was causing the problem... for anyone else that can't see the folder do the following:

Open Terminal and type - chflags nohidden /Users/<Username>/Library

Then to make sure that the config gets executed you have to follow these steps:

Start Steam
Click Library Tab
Right Click CSGO
Click Properties
Push the "Set Launch Options" button
enter +exec autoexec.cfg

pwn n00bs without mercy :p

ClearlyTrying

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Thank you Ratfink, and Alfuh for confirming how to install it on Mac.

Start pwnin noobs :) The guide shows lots of good tips if you are new or a casual gamer looking to step it up.

Good luck :cool:

Last edited:

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I don't believe it's possible to get rid of mouse acceleration on OS-X, making it next to impossible to play competitively. I could never hit anything when I had Team Fortress 2 installed on my Mac.

It's why I have Windows installed on my MacBook, and I've never looked back.

Turn mouse acceleration off in game and then follow these instructions:

http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/02/kill-os-x-mouse-acceleration-from-the-command-line/

Now in game your mouse operates like it is Windows and you can kill people happily all day long!

CFoss

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Turn mouse acceleration off in game and then follow these instructions:

http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/02/kill-os-x-mouse-acceleration-from-the-command-line/

Now in game your mouse operates like it is Windows and you can kill people happily all day long!

Does that actually work? I spent about a month looking for ways to kill the acceleration. Various mouse apps advertised the ability to disable the mouse acceleration, yet none of them worked.

I actually came to the weird conclusion that I enjoy the OS-X mouse settings... when using the MacBook trackpad. I can't get used to it with the mouse. On the other hand, I prefer using the mouse for Windows.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
That one worked for me, other things didn't or they wanted me to pay for an app. But that worked, I mean I couldn't hit a double decker bus when accel was on but when it was off everything felt back to normal.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Apart from not being the greatest at FPS games I can hold my own in games, from going 0 kills 9 deaths in my first games I am now scoring even kills and deaths in my worst games and 1.5 ratios in a good game. I know that is still crap compared to some ridiculous people but take in to consideration that my mouse pad is the arm of my sofa!

ClearlyTrying

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
I know that is still crap compared to some ridiculous people but take in to consideration that my mouse pad is the arm of my sofa!
Awe man! Invest in a mouse pad, haha totally worth it :p Nice to know you Macers are up and running though :cool:

kuhtang

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
Ontario

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Awe man! Invest in a mouse pad, haha totally worth it :p Nice to know you Macers are up and running though :cool:

Haha, I sit at a desk all day long so spend my evenings on the sofa, maybe one day if I get a bigger house I will have room for a desk and a mouse pad :D

ClearlyTrying

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
@kuhtang Glad this thread was useful for you :D

@Slick I hear ya :p

In other news! Professional CS:GO player DaZeD from team Area51,just won in the grand finals of ESWC North American Qualifiers which will now be representing North America against the world's best teams in CS: GO at Paris, France for this year's ESWC 2012 tournament!

Back to the tutorial.. player DaZeD made a must read guide on how to improve your aim if considering playing CS:GO at high level of competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHvc--oE588

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey
They don't tell you to buy any Razer products, they demonostrate what they use to compete in local tournaments, and at home. Being a professional gamer entitles you to professional sponsors, this specific group of gamers being sponsorsed by Razer. They aren't telling you to go and buy them. They simply present what they are using, and explain the pros and cons of each of its abilities. It's more then just that guide; they offer a lot from Professionals showing how they play, and offering 1on1 tutorials, tips, and help.

Subscribing to their premium services comes with great benefits that you can't find anywhere else. It's innovative and a great opportunity. If you don't find professional gamers offering their help a cool thing to take advantage of, then simply don't participate.

I don't understand why you proceed to criticize them for no reason. Yes, they are sponsored by Razer. Yes they have Razer pereiphs; that is minuscule as to what they offer as a whole.

If you are the least bit concerned with the game play such as aiming,recoil, stategys; site taking, rushing, how to use smokes,flashes, nades the most effectively at the most competitive level in eSports and just loads of information the casual gamer wouldn't know, then give it a visit.

Why the hate?

& They would certainly help you with any questions, this guy obviously is against the community I recommended for help.

Ok. Since you have no idea who I am, let me inform you. My name is Ethan "mascot" Nixon, I've competed in the highest leagues and attended more LANs that just about any "professional" Counter-Strike player today. I've competed against Dazed, CaseyFoster, etc way before in the past. I've made the number one FPS config, which was stolen by NCi. My CS:GO config has been downloaded over 900 times currently, and I have answered everyone's questions they have ever asked. I am against a premium service that takes advantage of gamers who know nothing about competitive gaming.

I get upwards of 20-50 emails a day about which products to purchase, how to change settings in CS:GO, what computer or laptop to purchase, how to fix their peripherals. Every day I answer all of those emails, except when they are just being plain lazy. I don't charge for anything, and I never will. I will be doing a lot with CS:GO on my own website, and I won't ever charge a premium price for my opinions on gaming. Since that is what Netcode does, they give you their opinion for money.

If you've seen CaseyFoster posting on other forums, his answer is purchasing a Razer product. I've seen it a dozen times.

ClearlyTrying

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Like I said.. obviously he hates the community :\

DaZeD just made another video explaining some tips and tricks on the map de_train.. There are lots of good strategies, and dazeds' view on the best spots to play on the map. Keep in mind his team is going to Paris, France to represent North America in CS:GO so he is playing at a very high level of competition! Don't let anyone tell you different, these guys know how to play..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfkPQnNYgZM&feature=g-all-u

Thank me later ;)

Bedz

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2012
For playing CS:GO I highly recommend running bootcamp.

There is an on-going issue with CS:GO for Mac where your lerp rate is locked at 100ms no matter what rates are used.

It probably doesn't matter if you're not taking yourself too seriously, but I don't think there is any way you can be competitive with 100ms lerp.

I made the switch to CS:GO on bootcamp instead of OS X a few days ago and have been getting much better scores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.