Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hologramks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Hello,

Ive got a problem during windows 7 installation on my macbook pro with Mountain Lion. Ive done all the procedure of bootcamp and when the disc partition is done, after the macbook restarts, the installation wont start. It just stay in black screen. I cant understand why?

Thanks

hologramks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2011
MacBook Pro 15" core i5 2.4GHz
6GB ddr3 memory
Gt330m nVidia GeForce

Im using Windows 7 All in one CD

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Is your DVD drive still internal, or have you performed the popular upgrade of removing the optical drive and adding additional SSD drives? Windows will not install from an external DVD drive.

Are you sure your optical drive is working, and the Windows install disk is readable (look at the contents with finder).

-howard

hologramks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Yes its still internal i didnt do any replace, here is a screen shot:
Screen_Shot_2012_09_03_at_10_29_02_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2012_09_03_at_10_33_33_AM.png

My DVD Disc is working as u can see. I dont know why this happen to me ;(

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
OK ... since you already created a partition for Windows on your disk, try simply installing Windows from boot. With your Windows DVD disk in the drive, shut down (power off) your computer, then turn it on while holding the "option" key down until the boot disk icons appear on the screen. Hopefully, the DVD will be at the far right side of the option icons. Step the cursor arrow over to the disk and press "return" to start loading.

If you are successful, the installation loader will start. When you are presented with a list of drive partitions, be sure to select the right one (should be labeled BootCamp) and then you must format it for NTFS from the menu options at the bottom of the list. Remember which disk/partition number you are on.

After formatting, again be sure the correct disk is selected. It will no longer be labeled BootCamp, but you can verify the disk/partition number from above, and the size to be sure the proper one is selected. Now continue the installation. It will reboot a couple of times to finish the installation. If the first reboot takes you back to OS X, simply select the windows disk in the StartupDisk preferences to lock it in as the boot disk, and reboot.

Good luck....

-howard

hologramks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2011
@howard thank you for ur reply,

Ive got that black screen again and the installion wont start. Ive made a video just to show u and everyone what the problem is. This is happening me just the same from the bootcamp or holding option key and start the DVD disc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKXkjMieh-U&feature=player_embedded

Maybe i should mention that i have a problem with a famous " Black screen " when my MBP needs to change the source of a video card, it crash with a black sreen.... i dont know if u heard about it. Here is an article for this problem
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_...-screen-bug-likely-from-hardware-malfunction/
Actualy im using the GfxCardStatus and i decide in which video card i want to work.

While I'm getting this black screen in this case of installing too , maybe is the video card problem.

If anyone know anything please help me

Thanks a lot

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
I couldn't tell from the video how long you waited before hitting the power switch. Things look pretty normal up until the end of your video, but I have had to wait for a minute or so on the black screen before the installation starts up (that will be a black screen with some white hardware boot information), and then a large white progress bar will appear on the bottom of the screen.

You might want to lock the video in the "integrated video" mode until you get everything installed, then you can deal with the driver issues for the discreet video card using the Apple BC hardware drivers.

-howard

hologramks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2011
I have wait about 20 minuts and nothing just a black scree and nothing else. I have tryed about 10 times and nothing. I dont know what a hell is wrong ;(

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Running out of ideas :confused: but here are some things I would try next:

Do you have access to another computer, PC or Mac, where you could try to see if that DVD will boot? If it were a bad disk, it might not be capable of reading the tracks used for booting, even though you could apparently access and read the rest of the disk.

You could also try a different Windows installation DVD to see if it will boot.

If you have a Mac OS X installation disk, see if it will boot on that computer.

Make a copy of the Windows DVD and try booting from that.

Use DiskUtility to make a bootable Windows installation Thumb Drive (you can probably find instructions for doing so on this forum) and install from that.

I will keep thinking.... :)

-howard

hologramks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2011
@howard

Thanks a lot for ur time, it looks like i found a solution.
As i told u i was using only my Basic Graphic Card and when i restart my MBP with this configuration it stay on black screen. I just put the Video card selection to default and then i restart my MBP, holdin dhe Option key and BUM....Loading Files

Im already using windows 7 on my MBP and i love it.

Thanks again!

Koenning

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
@howard

Thanks a lot for ur time, it looks like i found a solution.
As i told u i was using only my Basic Graphic Card and when i restart my MBP with this configuration it stay on black screen. I just put the Video card selection to default and then i restart my MBP, holdin dhe Option key and BUM....Loading Files

Im already using windows 7 on my MBP and i love it.

Thanks again!

how did you chose which card you want to use ? im having the same problem .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.