Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heisler98

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
I installed Mountain Lion 10.8 on my Toshiba Satellite L755 yesterday. It wasn't my first time installing OS X on a VM, which honestly, in the first place isn't that hard, and so I was pretty well on my way when I came into a little snag...

I'm a little bit of a structure freak, and the resolution is obviously pre-set to 1024x768. I went ahead and edited org.Chameleon.Boot.plist to have the Graphics Mode key and the string of my resolution (1366x768x32). Then I went into Command Prompt and said this:

Code:
vboxmanage setextradata "osx10.8-Mountain-Lion" "CustomVideoMode1" "1366x768x32"

I went back to my virtual machine and it still booted into 1024x768. Looked in Display under System Preferences, 1366x768 was no choice. I then went into /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and edited the com.Apple.Boot.plist file with the same key and string. Made sure the changes were saved and I restarted it again. Same effect, no change.

Does anyone know what other things I can try to make this work? Methods I haven't done yet? Anything I've done wrong? I have attached a ZIP of the two PLIST files (org.Chameleon.boot.plist & com.apple.boot.plist)

I believe that MacRumors is pro-"Mac inside VirtualBox" (can't exactly call it a hackintosh, can I?) but if anyone has a problem with what I'm doing, give me another good forum that I can ask this question in. Thank you.

As always, ask questions as needed.

Attachments

• plist Files.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 207
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.