Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Finally, I can wear wireless headphones when working out and send music to my speakers without using a clunky adapter... !

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Bluetooth was kind of a necessity now that there is NO way to play music from your new nano to any iPod speaker dock...

(Other than using the line-out, I guess... but that's messy!)

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Bluetooth was kind of a necessity now that there is NO way to play music from your new nano to any iPod speaker dock...

I've been saying it was a necessity for the last 2 generations but they didn't do anything about it.... finally they heard our cries.

BrennerM

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Huh? The new Nano has a Lightning port. Buy a Lightning-to-30-pin adapter and you can plug it into any speaker dock. Or buy a new speaker dock with a Lightning connector (you know they'll make 'em!)

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Anyone else miss the old nano

----------

Also what gives no clip one of the things I liked tho most about the nano 6th gen....

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Anyone else miss the old nano

----------

Also what gives no clip one of the things I liked tho most about the nano 6th gen....

I will miss the nano6G. I figure that I'll replace mine using Apple's $60 replacement battery program.

If the nano7G is able to utilize the Nike+ footpod, then I may be in the market for one, but I doubt it.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Huh? The new Nano has a Lightning port. Buy a Lightning-to-30-pin adapter and you can plug it into any speaker dock. Or buy a new speaker dock with a Lightning connector (you know they'll make 'em!)

I'm worried about that ominous fine print on the Lightning adaptor that says "Video and iPod out not supported".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.