Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

minehead2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
I just bought a Digitech RP255 for an inexpensive multi-fx/inreface for demoing and the Editing Software will not open, it tries to start and crashes every time...I've reinstalled after using APP Zapper, the NetUpdater recognizes the RP255 but that software just will not open, I haven't seen a problem like this since Apple went from PPC to Intel...thx for any advice, ...I ran Permissions and nothing there...:eek:

frogbat

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2004
i have the same problem... have an older 250 and my nephew got the 255 - x-edit doesn't run on mountain lion. not sure if worked on lion as i had mine running on snow leopard previously... guess we're gonna have to bug digitech about it.

maf2k8

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2009
WOW! i thought i was the only person having this issue... I have always used X-Edit and my RP155 with my iMac perfectly up until i updated to mountain lion. Now whenever i go to load it, its does nothing.. says unknown error or whatever.. do i wish to quit, ignore or report it.

I have tried everything from deleting it, resetting PRAM to you name it.. and still NOTHING..

This is a bunch of BS.. Digitech is really horrible with there driver support and macs..

Anyone out there have a fix? ( other then running it in windows )

maf2k8

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2009
Code:
I HAVE A FIX for getting X-Edit to run on Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 !!! Since Digitech is slow at getting there software together and updated for Mac OSX Mountain Lion, I figured i had to find a solution some how.. because everyone has been asking WHEN they would resolve the issue and all we keep getting is " We are working on the problem" ....Thats great to know! ANYWAYS! People listen up ( oh and Digitech, I am sure you can take note of this to so you can tell your customers to use this little trick until your software is ready"... Install the most recent version of X-Edit for your Mac and you know when you open X-Ecit you get the error and you have to close it.. Well here is a temp. fix. This allows you to do EVERYTHING via X-Edit but the ONLY down side to it, Is you have to manually hit SAVE to store the preset once your done building a patch or adjusting a patch. Open up Garageband ( if your on a Mac then you have Garageband ) and just take the steps as if you were going to record a track ( no need to enable record, just go to select real instrument ), Go over to the right panel ( where you add effects to the track ) and at the bottom of the list of all the effects and plugins that you can add to the track, you will see a plugin/effect with the name of your device ( in my case i am using a Digitech RP500 and a RP155 So it says RP500 or RP155 ). Select it, Once selected just click on the box as if you were going to edit the effect/plugin and BAM! X-Edit opens up perfectly.. It allows you to adjust anything ( even USB and EXP pedal settings ) the ONLY limitation like i said is when you want to store your preset or save it, You will need to manually click STORE on the actual unit itself. So far this has been working for me without a problem and i have been updating and making new patches all day without any issues. I sure hope this helps out the rest of the Mac community that is having these issues. Your pretty much opening X-Edit thru garageband rather then opening it by itself on the desktop. I attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 5.44.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 5.44.15 AM.png
    574.2 KB · Views: 2,191

seeeker

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
I have the RP500, and been frustrated with the same incompatibility problem with OS 10.8. Glad I found this thread! After much trouble with just Garageband alone, I finally managed to launch and get the X-Edit window you describe above.

I'm a total newbie right now, but I would like to load some presets (files saved on my computer) onto my RP500. But I do not see any way to do this from this X-Edit window in Garageband. There does not appear to be a File menu or anything about loading/opening presets to allow for saving to the RP500?

Any more guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tglecoff

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2008
Digitech X-Edit 2.6 Crashes on 10.8.2

Sorry to hear that others have the same problem with their Digitech X-edit software & Mountain Lion. I contacted Digitech and they did get back to me. They say the update is in beta testing, but they wouldn't give any hint as to when we'll see and effective update. So, we wait...

HeleSci

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2013
Digitech X-edit with BP355 & MAC OS 10.8.1

... we wait and wait and wait ... the problem still exists and it seams, nobody at digitech is interested to fix it.
tx to maf2k8 - this work around is fine and helps me too.

Mackek

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2014
Please join the parade!

Hi guys!

I have recently put down a lot of hours in trying to get Digitech to somehow give us (Customers) a clear answer to when we will get all peaces to our purchased product (I just bought an RP1000).

I started off with tech support which you all know is a dead end, so after some gathering of courage I went in to a more "guerrilla" kind of style to get their attention.

First i wrote very nicely on their Facebook page that we are many out here who would need their help and that the X-edit crash issue has been out here for almost 2 years and everyone who contacts the tech support comes to a dead end.

No answer for a week...

Next i started to link to all the posts i could find on the issue (including this one) to show that I am not alone.

That's when they started to delete my comments and where I got pissed :(

The last couple of comments have now also been deleted and I am blocked from commenting on Digitech's Facebook.

That is their customer care strategy?
When things get tough they block you out and stick their head in the sand.

So here is what I suggest.
Please someone (preferably all of you) who is not currently blocked post a comment on this particular issue!

https://www.facebook.com/digitech?ref=ts&fref=ts

I was able to catch a screenshot of the last bit of our so called conversation so check it out and please go over there and do something! I have taken one for the team and they will hate me till the day i die and will surely be blocked forever, but hey what is a fight without casualties?

digitech-pissed1.png
[/URL][/IMG]

I admit that this method is bizarre but as I see things (after so long time) there are no other solutions for us to get through to actually be heard and get what we actually paid for in their products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.