Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rosenbergendo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Got my 32gb AT&T iPhone today. No scratches but the cell service in North Palm Beach on the iPhone 5 is horrid. Maybe b/c it is switching between LTE and 4g? My wife's 4gs was getting 2bars while my 5 had "no service"!!! I hope this isn't antenna gate all over again! Anyone else with these same issues?

walkman

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
Per some of the other posts you should try rebooting your phone & resetting your network settings. Post back if that makes any difference.

cooldudesas

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2011
Im having the problem with my new iphone 5. It always has gotten 3-4 bars at house. Now its getting 1-2, usually 2. I reset my network setting with no help. Im on verizon.

zr9000

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Had reception at home with old Blackberry but get no reception with new iphone5.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Maybe b/c it is switching between LTE and 4g? My wife's 4gs was getting 2bars while my 5 had "no service"!!!
It's certainly possible to have less coverage on LTE than fauxG.

I hope this isn't antenna gate all over again!
It's not. Don't jump to ridiculous conclusions when there's a simpler and more likely answer. If it was antennagate then you wouldn't be able to miss the threads on the matter. One person's problems do not make a "-gate" despite how quickly people seem to jump to attach the -gate suffix to things. Such usage always dilutes meaning.

russk

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
iphon5 reception bad

Our house is in a weak reception area, however, my iphone4 and my wife's 3GS got good enough reception to be able to make and receive calls 95% of the time from our house. Now we BOTH have iphone5's, and we can almost NEVER make or receive calls from home. When my daughter arrives with her iphone4, she can make calls from our house easily.

Mikex6956

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
Weak reception on my ip5 too !
Be aware to not pull your iphone in your pocket !
You will lost all connection or you will bent it !
This iphone need to stay out of our pocket !
Lol this sucks !

bcooln

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
Florida
Weak reception on my ip5 too !
Be aware to not pull your iphone in your pocket !
You will lost all connection or you will bent it !
This iphone need to stay out of our pocket !
Lol this sucks !

lolz, this is the samething happen to me, once i put it in my pocket, it will appear no service lol

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Mine is even worse. When you reboot the phone or turn off airplane mode after a long time, LTE/3G works for 5 minutes and then reverts to Edge or even GPRS. I've reseted settings and network settings but nothing has helped. I think it's hardware problem.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Got my 32gb AT&T iPhone today. No scratches but the cell service in North Palm Beach on the iPhone 5 is horrid. Maybe b/c it is switching between LTE and 4g? My wife's 4gs was getting 2bars while my 5 had "no service"!!! I hope this isn't antenna gate all over again! Anyone else with these same issues?

No, no one else has ever had issues with their i5. You're unique!

Was that a serious question or are you just trolling? You have the i5 for less than a day and you're already here spazzing out about it? You've owned iPhones in the past yes? You know at times if there are issues simply restart to see if that fixes it right? No, the sky isn't falling calm down CL.

iALLOUT4eva

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
PlayDay Land
Ya Im having the same problem too #. My nephew's i4 has 2-3 bars most time while my i5 hasno service to 1 bar#. We r both on sprint#.I just hope this can be fixed with a software update#.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.