Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

confusedasdf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
I had a blackberry and switched to an iPhone on Verizon. I'm on the unlimited plan, which i think i was on for the blackberry. Am i supposed to switch to the 2GB plan? My city has LTE coverage but it just says "Verizon 3G". I tried resetting network settings and turning it to airplane mode, but nothing happened and it just returned back to 3G.

confusedasdf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
i'm going to call them up tomorrow. could this possibly be because of the unlimited plan i am on right now or is just a technical issue? i transferred an upgrade in order for me to upgrade to the iphone from the blackberry and kept the same plan i was on the blackberry for the iphone.

dbeard

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
I have the same issue with 4glte verizon

I just activated 2 iphone 5's last night. Both say 3g
called tech, 1st lady told me Chicago was not yet 4glte, I requested a tech as I did not switch carriers to pay more for the same. tech resent info, I reset my phone, did the latest update and connected to my wifi. Still 3g only.

not happy at all

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Is there any way to check and see if another LTE phone on a different line is getting LTE in your area? If they aren't either, then it's probably because there's no coverage by you.

Just because a carrier says a city has LTE, doesn't meant the WHOLE city is blanketed with it. Sprint users are finding that out that hard way.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
maybe you're just not in the part of town that has LTE. ala sprint users. Could just go to your nearest Verizon store or try to reinsert your sim.

Braypa

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
I have Verizon and commute by train in NJ and have found that my iPhone 5 goes from no service to 3G to LTE depending on the town we are traveling through. It's normal to see 3G at times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.