Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgames

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Call of Duty: Black Ops for Mac has now been released! MacGames.co.uk is offering 10% off Black Ops using code: BLACKOPS, for the first 3 days following the launch! Get it here: http://macgames.co.uk/188-call-of-duty-black-ops-download.html
call-of-duty-black-ops-download.jpg

macgames

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
A tad redundant with this thread already going strong: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1449240/

Still nice to see the discount. Good stuff.

Yeah, I guess, but I felt that was more of an anticipation thread. Now its here I felt I should shout it to the world! Plus I felt people would appreciate the discount since it makes it cheaper than steam.

Plus I also meant to add that Aspyr have pulled support for the NVIDIA GeForce® 650M graphics card at the last minute. They were hoping for driver help to make it happen but said unfortunately its not going to be ready in time for launch, but they will add support in the coming weeks.

PMac18

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
Available on Mac App Store

It's now showing up in the Mac App Store (US) as well.

btollenaar

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2006
rMBP buyers?

Anyone with a rMBP download this?
Does it run ok - I see that the video card isn't supported.

Doggonit

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2012
Anyone with a rMBP download this?
Does it run ok - I see that the video card isn't supported.

It really doesn't run well. I can't believe the latest Macs with Nvidia graphics card aren't supported. Will they ever be? I will demand a refund if this isn't fixed soon.

macgames

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Really? And we can expect this when? 2014?

Haha, no, sooner than that hopefully! Aspyr were hoping to have NVIDIA support in time for launch yesterday, but it just didn't happen in time, so I suspect a just few more weeks. They only announced the change in system requirements just hours before they released the game, so they obviously thought it might happen right up to the last minute

----------

Any way for a discount in the US store?

You can still get it from MacGames.co.uk, with the discount code above - even if you're in the US. its a download, so location doesn't matter even though its primarily a UK site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.