Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Micho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2002
Sorry turned out the event was some thing on the orer of a t shirt give away (if you get the local store news letter you probly read about it.) pretty damn lame I know. one again sorry no mor **** ball info like that i pormise

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
a big event could be anything from Apple filing for bankruptcy - to Apple being purchased by M$. (which would be worse?)

Hopefull news, I'd like to see headlines of "Power4 selected for new desktop, shipments begin tomorrow!" but I wont hold my breath...
at least we can hope! :D

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Originally posted by dongmin
I love threads that begin with "my freind who works for ..."

i have a friend who works for Campbell's, and HE says the next mac will be filled with soup.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Originally posted by zimv20

i have a friend who works for Campbell's, and HE says the next mac will be filled with soup.

Oh yeah? Well, my buddy works at a liquor store. He told me that there's about to be a new law that requires you to be 21 to operate a Mac. So much for the K-12 market 8(

Dan

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
What a useless thread...:rolleyes:

Anyway, the only possible thing I see is that Apple is having that six hour party the night before for six hours...the thanksgiving event...or maybe thats why he thinks they'll be a big event the day after.

I'm hoping for new moniters, but I have my mind set on a 17" LCD/TV tuner combo for $600.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Originally posted by alset

Oh yeah? Well, my buddy works at a liquor store. He told me that there's about to be a new law that requires you to be 21 to operate a Mac. So much for the K-12 market 8(

Dan

Did you know you had to be 21 (or 18, I dunno) to buy superglue now? When did that happen? Any way I too thought of the day after Thanksgiving thing. The 30th is a Saturday, after the biggest shopping day of the year. Doesn't make sense. Call me a skeptic, but...

ejb190

macrumors 65816
Originally posted by solvs

Call me a skeptic, but...

You are a skeptic...

But seriously, there seems to be a rash of "Big Announcment" Announcments. In my experience, the truly earth shattering news comes out of the blue, not from hyped up press conferences or the such.

The problem is, when we hear something big is coming, our expectations quickly exceed the truth leading to a big let down.

KingArthur

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2001
Marion, Ohio
He said an "event" not a "big event" or "big announcement." Most likely, the event will be rebates or something of that sort as they try to sell off something in preperation for January. A month-long event probably. Now, this is where the "telephone" game comes into play, you remember, the one you played in kindergarden. Anyway, an "event" has already turned into a "big announcement." Next thing we know, everyone will be saying that the appocolypse is comming and we are all going to die. Let's just cool things and wait and see. No need to blow thing out of perportion, like ejb190 said.

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
time of year...

What store doesn't have a "BIG" event the next few days after christmas?

I buddy of mine who has a cousin who overheard two guys who knew an apple exec says that this year the new PowerMac will all have lumps of coal inside them.

Ahh, maybe I'm just bitter about not having a superdrive......

KingArthur

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2001
Marion, Ohio
Exactly. I was just commenting that an "event" isn't necessarily "big" or secret. For all we know, the event alleged for Nov. 30th is as big as M$ blowing up or as little as rebates on the Powermac line. Remember also, the Xserve is due up for a revision comming the beginning of '03, so the event could just be as simple as rebates on the Xserve. I just hate it when people hear the word "event" and immediately think that Apple is preparing the most awesome system ever. Nov. 30th is hardly a release date for Apple, anyway. With January comming up soon, I would either consider this a rebate event or a christmas event. Not a release of the quad G9 1 terrahertz computer supporting all the RAM in the world all in a 5inch gold-platinum cube;) Just my two and an eigth cents worth.

KingArthur

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2001
Marion, Ohio
And, timdaddy, did you notice that the actual post said nothing about a "big announcement/event";) I think Micho is already proving the telephone game effective.

maxvamp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2002
Somewhere out there
Cherry Creek != Aspen Grove

The stores will be about 20 miles apart, and the Cherry Creek one isn't even open yet!

I think this is more than BS. Stupidity is prevalent here.

Max.

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Re: Cherry Creek != Aspen Grove

Originally posted by maxvamp
The stores will be about 20 miles apart, and the Cherry Creek one isn't even open yet!

I think this is more than BS. Stupidity is prevalent here.

Max.

Go back to the first post, and read it again. He clearly states that they are not the same place. That's why he is currently at one, and slated to move to the other when it opens. The prevalent stupidity here, is yours.

maxvamp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2002
Somewhere out there
Stupidity...

Go back to the first post, and read it again. He clearly states that they are not the same place. That's why he is currently at one, and slated to move to the other when it opens. The prevalent stupidity here, is yours.

After re-reading the quote, I can see how I the confusion came to be. Sorry for the error on my part.

On another note, I have to go to that store this weekend, and I can confirm, and / or deny this rumor, and possibly end this thread.

I'll post again come Saturday.

Max.

pkradd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2001
Store employees are not privy to advance announcements any more then the rest of us. The event is simply the after Thanksgiving store-wide promotions. Again, rumors surface and again you will all be disappointed. Someday......:rolleyes:

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
If this were a big important event there would be some announcement of it. When apple makes a big announcement or have a big event they usually invite the media. This is probably just some rebate or special so there will be increased visitors to the store.

Micho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2002
WOW

I'm not going to deny it could be new t-shirts for the staff. And its true my friend (yea ive heard plenty of those too) said that when anything BIG happens they get a call saying the will be a truck at the store in four hours.... four hours before it comes.
Honestly, in my humble opinion, the most i think we could hope for (in the next six months) maybe a new consumer device or cheaper (my god please of corse we've all heard of the 3 G Putsium) towers. porting 10 to 86 would be alot harder then a recompile... every shareware freeware and comercial app would have to be recompiled too. unless unlce jobs has worked his magic again but thats for the software page. maybe, at most an xserve on the 86 platform but being as i dont have a >T3 line to put it on i dont really care.

well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.