Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pizz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
New nano sucks. Why would u want to watch video on a 2" screen? they should of stuck with the watch idea. Oh well no Nano for me

Last edited:

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
A relative of mine also wanted the watch nano, and they actually found one I haven't had a chance to ask them from where they got it. They actually do where it as a watch.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Why would u want to watch video on a 2" screen?

With the success of the iPod Video, and the opening of the iTunes video store to go alongside it, I'm pretty sure there were millions who were watching movies on a screen that small back then. I know I was, it was a great way to bring my TV shows on the go. Obviously, pretty much every iPod with a screen released since then, now has video playback due to that.

When you're watching a movie on a screen that small, it doesn't really matter. Your eyes adjust to it, and it becomes natural. Think of it as like laying in bed and watching your TV that is across the room on a shelf. It's the same view range on a Nano, except your holding it a few inches away from your face.

I really like the video feature on the Nano. I have probably used it every single day since I got it.

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
Ebay has them and apple has some refrubs.

I agree the new nano is just weird. I use the old nano as a watch and I have another for running. just clip it on and your good to go.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Don't give up hope. It might make a comeback next year. I remember a patent/design that showed up here that included a camera, with hole in the clip to accommodate. Maybe they just couldn't make it happen this year and so they punted and came up with the new design rather than keep the clip design for a third year. I'm with you, I don't watch videos on a screen that size, but I know people were complaining about the lack of video on the clip nanos. It's hard to make a product that everyone can agree on.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I hope it comes back the nano is not a very good place to watch videos because the screen is to small. I love wearing my nano as a watch and wear it almost everyday.

jkrutch

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2008
Sounds like another iPod model in the making...

Apple needs the "iPod Sport". It's the 6th gen clip nano, but this time with bluetooth. For me, that's the perfect iPod since I only use my iPod for the gym.

I already have a 27" iMac, 11.6" MBA, orig iPad, and the ip5 for when I am not training.

I purchased the new iPod nano a few days ago only because Apple added bluetooth and I can't stand working out with wires. Even tucked inside my shirt, the wires were still an issue. The new nano is too big and the lack of a clip sucks. Even though my shorts have a pocket, I still prefer the old design much more. I chose the lesser of two evils.

Now I have 2 6th gen nanos that will likely never get used again. One is still in the box...

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
removed

----------

I really like the video feature on the Nano. I have probably used it every single day since I got it.

If you want to watch video, you can buy a used iPod touch for less than $150. I think the iPod nano and iPod touch overlap too much now. The watch was cool.

Xanderstone12

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
They need to make a iPod that is a watch and syncs up with the iPhone. Shows alerts and texts/emails. Like the pebble but not as ugly. They could literally charge whatever they wanted for it and it would sell like crazy. It would be a must have for iPhone users. And I could read my texts and emails while I worked on people's teeth at work(dentistry)

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
my iPod nano doubles as my watch at work and when I workout (nike plus)

everyone thinks I have an expensive watch at work lol

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
USA
With the success of the iPod Video, and the opening of the iTunes video store to go alongside it, I'm pretty sure there were millions who were watching movies on a screen that small back then. I know I was, it was a great way to bring my TV shows on the go. Obviously, pretty much every iPod with a screen released since then, now has video playback due to that.

When you're watching a movie on a screen that small, it doesn't really matter. Your eyes adjust to it, and it becomes natural. Think of it as like laying in bed and watching your TV that is across the room on a shelf. It's the same view range on a Nano, except your holding it a few inches away from your face.

They also didn't have 4" iPod Touches, iPad Minis, iPhones, and iPads back then... it was the only option to watch movies on an apple product on the go. Not the case anymore.

iExpensive

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
Las Vegas
They also didn't have 4" iPod Touches, iPad Minis, iPhones, and iPads back then... it was the only option to watch movies on an apple product on the go. Not the case anymore.
To add that feature to another product costs them not one penny.
So no matter how dubious it is, it's ignorant to not add it every product.

vanz

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
They need to make a iPod that is a watch and syncs up with the iPhone. Shows alerts and texts/emails. Like the pebble but not as ugly. They could literally charge whatever they wanted for it and it would sell like crazy. It would be a must have for iPhone users. And I could read my texts and emails while I worked on people's teeth at work(dentistry)

This. I really hope they come up with something like the pebble.

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
I really think that would be a great idea to the old nano (6th gen) to become a new kind of shuffle. They're almost same size. It could be the new entry model for apple, albeit being more expensive than the shuffle...

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Gald the wife got me a Nano when she did. She got me it along with a watch band and now I have somewhat of a collectors item. ;)

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
I don't know that they'll have the greatest selection, but some gamestops have iPods. I've only come across 2 8gb 6th gen nanos with a handful of other generations and types. But a basic selection is better than none

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains

Holy s%%#. Texting while drilling?!?! :eek:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

Please tell me where you work so I never have to go to you for dental work.

slowtony

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Van Nuys, CA
Gald the wife got me a Nano when she did. She got me it along with a watch band and now I have somewhat of a collectors item. ;)

Amazon or Apple Store (yes, they still have them). Yes, the 6th Generation Nano *has* become an instant classic. A 6G and a watch band, as your wife got for you, might be a great holiday gift for that special someone. Early online shopping - like NOW - is recommended. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.