Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
England
I've had a good search but can't find out how to make webpages available offline. Is it actually possible or not?

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Ashapalan said:
I've had a good search but can't find out how to make webpages available offline. Is it actually possible or not?
I don't think it's possible. IE for Mac was able to. Safari hides the cache, or at least I spent 20 minutes looking for it and wasn't able to pull webpages out from the cache.

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
England
Ah, yes, save as is now working...

That makes me look albeit stupid, i think it was because i was saving as a source.

Thanks guys.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
munkle said:
If you're using Tiger and therefore Safari v.2, just save the page (file/save as) :)

Awesome. For some reason, I always thought that didn't save the pictures, but it does. :cool:

I remember doing something similar in Panther and it didn't download images.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
mad jew said:
Awesome. For some reason, I always thought that didn't save the pictures, but it does. :cool:

I remember doing something similar in Panther and it didn't download images.

Not only does it save images, but it saves the images in the actual file, so you can send the saved web page to other Mac users to open up on their machines. :cool:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
munkle said:
Not only does it save images, but it saves the images in the actual file, so you can send the saved web page to other Mac users to open up on their machines. :cool:

Very very cool. I swear that hasn't been in Safari 2.0 from the start, has it? :eek:

I'm so unobservant. :(

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
mad jew said:
Very very cool. I swear that hasn't been in Safari 2.0 from the start, has it? :eek:

I'm so unobservant. :(

Ermmm...maybe ;)

And whilst we're at it, I might as will pimp this app. Paparazzi! lets you take screenshots of webpages that don't quite fit on one page. Akin to saving a file offline for those who aren't on Safari v.2 :)

(oh and MadJew I'm not following you around the forums honest! :p )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.