Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
Hello,

Is there a huge difference between the 2 charging time? Every 2 day I charge my ipad 3 afteri drain the battery and it takes about 5 hours to get a full 100 % charge that I do over night 1 - 2 am I unplug it at 7 am fully charge.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
i dont get it. Are you saying that you wanted to change to Ipad 4 with lightning connector? Because Ipad 3 use 30 pin and i believe it takes around 7 hours to fully charged.

But just to answer your question. No, Lightning cable did not make charging or transferring apps & music any faster. Its just Apple way to make more money from your pocket by changing the cable. Because if they just want smaller one to make the device thinner then why not go for microusb type.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
Wait until the reviews come out. Some say 20% faster. Just speculations, though.

Bugby

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
From experience I know that the lightening charger takes about 10-20 minutes to fully charge

----------

If you have any questions email me bbraxtyn@gmail.com

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
From experience I know that the lightening charger takes about 10-20 minutes to fully charge

----------

If you have any questions email me bbraxtyn@gmail.com

10-20 minutes? That can't be right. You can however get faster charge speeds by using the 10w or 12w Power Adapter from Apple. The time it takes to charge depends on the adapter you're using, not the Lightning Cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.