Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noojin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
To anyone who has Tmobile as a carrier or if they experienced the issue,

Does anyone else experience the APN settings for MMS gets erased? I know I am suppose to put "epc.tmobile.com" under the APN settings but it randomly gets deleted and I can't replicate it. I tried if I turned my phone off and then back on, the deletion would happen but it was still there.

What I am curious is if anyone else experiences this problem and how did you fix it? It can be annoying because I won't know if my friends send me a picture message or not and I can only find out if the settings is off when I try to send a picture to my friend. When the settings is off, I would always get a fail delivery message and then I would go check in my settings and see the MMS APN settings if off.

I have an iPhone 4s unlocked (by a 3rd party on ebay) running tmobile nonjailbroken running iOS 6.0.

Edit: MMS, not MSS* on topic name. >_<

Noojin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
That doesn't explain the randomness of the settings being removed though. I followed that protocol for awhile but the APN settings under MMS would get randomly removed. I won't know until my friend would text me asking me if I got the picture.

bboyredcel

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
Im having this issue on Straight Talk running an iOS6 iPhone 5 (factory unlocked). I use the T-Mobile SIM swap method to enter the settings, and they'll hold but will randomly get deleted days or weeks later.

Its really annoying because not only do i keep having to swap SIMs all the time (sim swap doesnt ALWAYS work on the first try), but also when i do this my iMessage and Facetime usually get deactivated and can take 24hrs+ to reactivate. The last time it wiped it also wiped out my Data APN settings too so i was unable to use the webs until I got on wifi and redownloaded the unlockit.co.nz APN as a bandaid.

Anyone know how to get this to stop happening? Ive already called ST, Apple, AND AT&T (i have the at&t straight talk sim) about the issue, nobody could figure out why, what i had assumed was the AT&T carrier file getting loaded instead of my ST Settings. Recently, though, ive noticed that the settings are actually being wiped. The at&t settings arent there when i swap sims, its just blank... Until i pop in the ST sim and it recognizes the network... Then it gets populated with AT&T settings.

Idk, this is so weird, and quite annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.