Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stephen1025

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Hey guys,
Got my iPad mini Black and Grey Smart Cover coming today/tomorrow (whenever UPS and FedEx decide haha) but I was looking into getting a hard black back cover because I want to be able to take this around like my iPhone almost as a Galaxy Note, and fear for that gorgeous back's condition.
Also would love if anybody could recommend some good screen protectors they've liked in the past, I've got one on my iPhone 5 that feels like glass and would love something similar (and easy to install!)
Also, I'm stuck in a college town with a Walmart, RadioShack, Target, Best Buy and GameStop. That's about it. So if anyone has suggestions of things I could pick up there, that'd be great! =)
Amazon's kind of more a last resort because I'm afraid it'll get destroyed in the 2-3 days the case and protector takes to get here.
Thanks again!

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
probably nothing right away, most case makers did not get a prototype and had to wait just like us...read here about how the kays case received does not fit...off Amazon....- this will sound whacky but it works short term: kitchen shelf paper - cut a piece and stick it on...leave no residue when you take it off....

wait 6 weeks for the good cases....

Last edited:

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I went to apple store last weekend and talked to one of Apple representative. He said that most of the time, 3rd party accessories won't be available on launch date. Only Apple Accessories will be. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.