Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luigi2012SM64DS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
So i was trying to Jailbreak my friends brother's phone. after it says downloading jailbrak data on the iphone it goes into the terminal thing. but instead of going like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-3ZOY1i4Vo i get something different. instead of the screen saying those small letters and scrolling down slowly the screen scrolls down fast and i think it says something about an error 172 or something. redsn0w says jailbreak sucessful and i have to reboot into teathered mode. but when i go to the springboard after teather booting i see no Cydia icon whatsoever. help? (Using PC Running Windows 7, •redsn0w 0.9.15b3, yes i selected the ipsw file, iPhone 4 non-S, iOS 6 Final.
Reason for Edit: Spelling Mistakes.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
try that, iclarified is one of the best tutorial sites.

follow the instructions, redsn0w 09.15b3 the procedure is the same.

Luigi2012SM64DS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Ok im going to my friends place in a minute. i will report back if there and any problems and maybe even post a video.

natocaia

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
informaçao

Unfortunately not yet available, and due to the large number of people who are looking for it, cybercrooks arise all the time with websites that offer to do the jailbreak iphone 4s ios 6, such as site "www.unlockorjailbreak.com "That's a big fraud.
Denounce these sites as "www.unlockorjailbreak.com" so that fewer people become victims of this gang.

Luigi2012SM64DS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Unfortunately not yet available, and due to the large number of people who are looking for it, cybercrooks arise all the time with websites that offer to do the jailbreak iphone 4s ios 6, such as site "www.unlockorjailbreak.com "That's a big fraud.
Denounce these sites as "www.unlockorjailbreak.com" so that fewer people become victims of this gang.
No. iOS 6.0.1 is jailbreakable by using 6.0 ipsw and redsn0w. But thats the the problem. the problem is Cydia is not appearing after jailbreak and i don't want to restore just to jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.