Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rizn1

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
Orlando
From an engineering perspective, you need a mold release and a way to allow product to flex to slip phone in.

I kinda like it.

I understand where you're coming from with this, but other companies have already done it. Look at PowerSupport. Theirs is completely enclosed. It doesnt justify the extra $20 but it is a really nice case. Good luck getting it off of the phone to clean it though.

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
Not that one but I got Desmay Slight (Classic Model). I would deffinitely NOT suggest you to have a Desmay product. From the pictures, it really seems perfect. Yes it is really thin. Nothing is wrong with that. But the cuts are a real disaster! Especially the down part is a real disaster! No precise cut at all! And the finishing part of the cuts are not also precise which scrachs your finger while holding the device.

If you are looking for that kind of a slim case, I would suggest you to have Ozaki O!Coat Solid or Jelly. (Solid is more Rubber-ish kind of case) It has a perfect cut and even thinner than Desmay. Fits perfect with the device and gives a real protection compared to the thinnest case.

Mseek

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2012
Not that one but I got Desmay Slight (Classic Model). I would deffinitely NOT suggest you to have a Desmay product. From the pictures, it really seems perfect. Yes it is really thin. Nothing is wrong with that. But the cuts are a real disaster! Especially the down part is a real disaster! No precise cut at all! And the finishing part of the cuts are not also precise which scrachs your finger while holding the device.

If you are looking for that kind of a slim case, I would suggest you to have Ozaki O!Coat Solid or Jelly. (Solid is more Rubber-ish kind of case) It has a perfect cut and even thinner than Desmay. Fits perfect with the device and gives a real protection compared to the thinnest case.

Is the Ozaki O!Coat Jelly made of silicone?

puppers

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Detroit, MI

Can't figure out how to buy the Ozaki Solid? Website is goofy. But I like this case....

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
Is the Ozaki O!Coat Jelly made of silicone?

It's not silicone. It's is just more transparent. Apple logo is more visible with it.

----------

Can't figure out how to buy the Ozaki Solid? Website is goofy. But I like this case....

I bought from their website. It's a little bit complicated I agree with you but I successfully ended up with it finally :) Shipping is directly made from Taiwan if you buy from their website. (Received in 7-8 working days to Germany)

I would suggest you to check eBay and Amazon. As I'm in Germany, I found the Ozaki Cases on Amazon and eBay. I just did not buy because I already ordered from their webstore. Give it a try..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.